How to Change the Google Maps Voiceby Carl Smith Software Developer
Google Maps is the most famous GPS application for users of Android and iPhone devices. But, it is not easy to change the Google Maps voice as there is only one default voice. The Android users can use Google Maps application to change the default voice. The iPhone users need to reinstall the Google Map application, and after that, change their iPhone language. Here’s how to change Google Maps Voice.
Here’s how to change the Google Maps voice on Android
Changing the Google Maps Voice using the app
• Press on the application symbol to open Google Maps on the Android device.
• Click on the Main Menu symbol. You will find this symbol in the upper left-hand side of the display.
• After that, search and press on the Settings option.
• After the Settings window gets open, find and press on the Navigation settings option.
• Press on the Voice Selection option located in the Navigation Settings column.
• The Google Maps voice which you have chosen will be marked with a tick symbol.
• Now, you will get the drop-down list of all the languages which are available now.
• You need to press one of the languages which you wish to add as your Google Maps voice.
• Type the right position in the top text field.
• Type the destination into the bottom text field.
• Press on the Go option given in the end right-hand column of the display.
• Press on the Start option.
• Google Maps will begin moving you to the destination in the chosen language or voice.
Reinstalling the Google Maps app
• Remove Google Maps from the Android device.
• In case you are not able to remove it by keep pressing on the symbol, then you need to uninstall the app through the Google Play Store.
• Open the “Settings” application by going to the Android home screen.
• Go down and find the “System” column.
• Press on the “Settings” column.
• After the “System” menu gets open, press on the Language or Language and Input option.
• Click on the Language option.
• The pull-down list of all the language which are available will start showing on display.
• Choose one of the languages by clicking on it.
• Close the Settings menu by pressing on the Home option
• Open the Google Play Store by clicking on its symbol.
• Find the Google Maps application.
• Click on the Install option.
• Now, the Google Maps application is reinstalled on the Android device.
Steps to Change the Google Maps on iPhone
• Click on the Google Maps symbol till the X alphabet starts showing in the top left-hand side of the display.
• Press on the X alphabet.
• Click on the Delete option.
• Click on the Home option
• Open the Settings application by going to the iPhone home screen.
• Click on the General option.
• Press on the Language and Region option.
• Press on the iPhone language or iPad language option.
• Choose your desired language.
• Press on the Done button.
• Click on the “Change to” option.
• In case an iPhone requests you to configure Siri, then press on the Continue button and after that, click on the “Set up Siri Later in Settings” button.
• Open the App Store.
• Search for the Google Maps application.
• Press on the Download symbol.
• Allow the app to get installed.
James Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on May 28th 2019 03:23. Viewed 75 times.