How to Change Printer Name in Windows 10
by James Boond software
Are you finding it hard to remember the default printer name? Well, you can easily change the printer name to make it more descriptive or personalized. Follow the steps given below and rename your printer in Windows 10.
Here’s how to change printer name in Windows 10 through the settings app
• You need to left-click on the Start option on Windows 10.
• Press on the Settings symbol by going to the Start menu.
• Or, right-click on the Start symbol.
• After that, choose the Settings option by going to the start menu to get the same result.
• Click on the Windows and L keys together so that you can directly go to the Settings option.
• Select the Devices option located in the Settings menu.
• Go to the Printers and Scanners option situated on the Devices menu.
• Now, you will get the menu list of all the printers and scanners located on the right-hand side which are already installed on the system.
• Go through the menu list showing of the printers and scanners and after that press on any program of which you wish to change the name.
• Press on the Manage option.
• Choose the Printer properties option located on the left-hand corner of the menu list.
• Go to the General option.
• You will get an edit box which shows the printer name.
• Click within the edit box, remove the printer name and select any name to change printer name in Windows 10.
• After choosing any name, you need to press on the OK option located at the end of the screen.
• Now, this procedure has change printer name in Windows 10.
Go through the steps to change printer name in Windows 10 through the control panel
• Go to the Control Panel application by entering the Control Panel into the text field given on the toolbar and choosing the option given on the search results.
• In case the View by option is changed into Category below the “Hardware and Sound” column, press on the View devices and printers link.
• Now, you will get the more clear display of the printers and scanners in the Control Panel window.
• You need to find the printer name which you have changes in Control Panel window and after that, right click on the printer name.
• Press on the Printer properties option.
• Open the General menu.
• Go through the checkbox, which shows the printer name.
• Press inside of the checkbox, remove the current Printer name and change printer name in Windows 10 by entering a new name.
• After that. Press on the OK button.
Franklin Patrick is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source: Windows 10
Created on May 28th 2019 01:57. Viewed 37 times.