How to change MAC address?by Semmi Wilson Love to Eat And Travel
Do you want to diagnose the network issues on your computer? Change the MAC address! MAC, Media Access Control address, is a unique identifier which is used to identify a computer when it is in a network. It is essential when a browser on your computer needs to grab a web page from a server on the Internet. Here you can learn the process of changing Media Access Control address of your network adapter in Windows.
- Press (Windows key + R) and open the Run box
- Type CMD in it
- Then you need to type IPCONFIG/ALL and press the ENTER key
- Note down the DESCRIPTION and PHYSICAL ADDRESS
- Type CONFIG RDR and press the ENTER key
- Now you need to open the REGISTRY EDITOR
- Navigate to the registry key
- Open the folders labeled as 0000 and 0001; compare the DriverDesc field
- Right-click on the folder that matches your device
- Make double-click on the new NETWORK ADDRESS entry
- Here you need to make sure that the MAC address is formatted properly
- Enable the changes by rebooting your computer
- Open the Command Prompt and type IPCONFIG/ALL in it
- Press the ENTER key to find your new MAC address
You are urged to get in touch with the support experts if you are keen in knowing more about how to change MAC address. These experts are known for their utmost professionalism and willingness to help. Do not get worried or hesitated if you are planning to ask for technical assistance to the support engineers. They are also committed to helping you if you are willing to know any other thing about the MAC address.
Created on Apr 26th 2018 03:35. Viewed 109 times.