How to Become successful Wedding Plannerby Rohit Yadav Blogger
The wedding day is one of the special days in the new phase of lives of every couple. Therefore it demands to be planned beautifully. The simple reason is that the couple as well many of their guests remember the event forever.
As a professional wedding planner, you must be sensitive to your client's needs. Wedding coordinator should know the right people to work with, and the ways to manage within any budget. Running your own business, as well as handling someone else’s money, requires expert financers.
Couples hire wedding planners to reduce tensions and take care of the things they prefer not to do themselves.
Most planners work out of their homes. Most of the work is done over the telephone, and appointments at churches, reception venues, and with the bride usually can be scheduled at convenient times.
Every wedding planner have different way to charge their services which depends on location and clients requirements. If you work under a event planner what you earn depends on the reputation of the firm, and it can be a salary on a monthly basis.
The skills needed to handle the variety of tasks that comprise throwing a wedding or any other event are:
• Negotiating with vendors
• Planning and Organizing
• Managing Time
• Leadership and management skills
• Good communication skills
• The ability to get on well with different kinds of people
• A creative mind
• Ability to keep calm under pressure and adapting last minute changes according to situations.
• Solving Problems skills
• Coordinating the flow of the event
• Event promotions
• Comfortable in making a long-term commitment.
Some other areas where planners need to enhance their knowledge are:
• Good sense of fashion and style.
• Should know about themes, colours, clothes, music, and flowers.
• About different religions and cultures.
• Knowledge of customs and traditions, which are also part of many wedding ceremonies.
• Expert in hospitality, event planning, decorating and wedding trends and traditions.
• Latest trends in wedding products and services, food, music, ceremony and reception décor.
• Good contacts with the wedding services - photographers, videographers, florists, caterers, hotels, make-up artists, jewellers, churches and rental halls, musicians and disk jockeys, and even travel agents including honeymoon packages and destinations.
• Best places for destination weddings.
If you enjoy communicating with people, have good contacts and love organising things, this profession is perfect for you.
If you think that to become a wedding planner you don’t need any guidance, then you are going wrong.
To develop these skills and knowledge, many institutes are providing wedding and event planning courses which ensures your successful career ahead. These academies work with events such as conventions, trade shows, award shows, sports tournaments, and music festivals to make you understand how to plan activities. They help you to put together a portfolio of your experience in wedding planning and begin your exciting new career.
One of the institutes which offers wedding planning course is pearl academy. During the session, students will explore all the areas relevant to a wedding planner and be able to build all the experience and tools required to start up his/her own business.
People will never stop getting married, so help them to plan their festivals!
Created on Aug 24th 2018 07:05. Viewed 104 times.