How to Become More Organized with Dropboxby Carl Smith Software Developer
In the services provided for documents synchronization, Dropbox is the popular platform for the same. You can employ it for saving the documents in a managed pattern, sharing your photos, and more. There is the need of the hour to manage yourself in an organized way with the help of Dropbox.
There are some of the best tips and tricks, by following them, your system can be organized. Let’s get started:
- Clean up those folders which are not used now
You should not be having grubby PC desktop while working on the system. There is the simple planning to organize the system by keeping the folders in the name of years so that last year’s data can be cleaned up. When you are unable to find the documents or folders in the Dropbox account because of the mess, then this step is vital to remove the worry of searching randomly.
You can make some folders with the name of the year when that folder was created. Also, you can create subfolders too with the name of months in that year. You can make a folder, named as older, to put all the miscellaneous data in it. If you are interested in keeping the music track, then you can make a folder with the name of either year of music launching or name of artists/albums. This year-wise name of the folder can assist you to clear the lousy Dropbox page.
- Add but don’t synchronize while you require a backup
Generally, chaos is created for those who are a learner for document synchronization services as they are messed up with data-syncing. When you synchronize a stack of documents, then it doesn’t signify that you can remove it from your system. When you visit Dropbox site and add documents rather than synchronizing it from your system, then Dropbox makes a replica of it. It provides you with the freedom to remove the first document.
When you can desire to add from the web browser as mentioned in some cases:
- When you have a pile of old documents on which you are certain to remove them from your system. But, you have reserved thought to avoid them completely.
- When you are at the workplace and require to create a spontaneous personal file. But, you desire to remove it from your office system.
- Synchronize your iTunes Music
Dropbox is generally used by many people for syncing their iTunes music libraries with other different devices. When you keep documents inside a Dropbox folder, and outside the default place of iTunes Music then iTunes gets confused.
For syncing your iTunes Music, you have to follow the below steps:
- Make a Music folder in your main PC where you usually listen to your collections in iTunes. It is to be ensured here that Dropbox should be installed in that system.
- Get your music data and switch your collection into Dropbox Music folder by dragging. It may take time for full synchronization.
- Now, you can play music collection in iTunes by rerouting.
- Navigate Preferences and press the Advanced tab. This will allow you to alter the place wherein iTunes finds your music and you can relocate it to the new Music folder in Dropbox.
- Download and keep new music by default
There are many free of cost sites which serve the automation feature. In those platforms, you can have download button which you can alter the location of Dropbox folder.
- Share images and keep Facebook (FB) pictures
Dropbox has some easy sharing tool to send the images to customized people only. You can also build a backup of images which you add in FB and images wherein you are tagged. The feature of Camera Upload in the Dropbox app can add any images clicked by your mobile.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source - https://robertcoleman25889008.wordpress.com/2019/01/08/how-to-become-more-organized-with-dropbox/
Created on Jan 8th 2019 07:36. Viewed 195 times.