How to Be Eligible and Apply for Permanent Residency in Australia?by Arpita Shah Seo Executive
Australia is one of the best countries to study and live permanently. The country’s liberal society framework allows residents to enjoy a high quality of life with excellent healthcare and transport facilities in a peaceful environment. As the economy is overgrowing, job opportunities come up for immediate graduates in different sectors. These are the primary reasons why immigrants from various countries prefer to settle in Australia permanently.
The Department of Immigration and Border Organisation is the body responsible for delivering PR to applicants. It is not surprising to know that DIBP receives thousands of applications for PR every year. A PR visa holder gets numerous benefits and preference which aren’t available with a common migrant.
Some of the primary benefits are listed below:
- Permission to work and live in Australia indefinitely
- Permit to enter and leave Australia in the initial period of five years, and it can be renewed fulfilling the eligibility criteria again.
- After the early years, you can apply for Australian citizenship
- Get access to free or reduced health and legal services
- Sponsor relatives to Australia
- Get right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas
- Enjoy right to work and live in New Zealand with government permission
Are you also eyeing for a PR in Australia?
The first step you need is to consult with a migration agent in Melbourne or other cities to provide guidance and help in the process. The agents can outline your PR pathway based on your career path. Or, you can gather accurate information from the DIBP website itself.
Prominent PR Visa Categories
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
- State Sponsored Visa (Subclass 190)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (Subclass 187)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 801, 100)
- And many more in the list
Top Requirement to Be Eligible for PR
Australia has a point-based immigration system. However, the process to get PR is done through online and offline mode. Here are the top requirements for applicants:
- Arrange Essential Documents
Apart from the educational and travel documents, you need to gather the following:
- A proof of English proficiency skill
- Skill assessment report from a relevant authority
- Character and medical certificate from the concerned authority
- Select an Appropriate Visa
You should choose an appropriate PR visa category to apply. The popular categories for applicants are State Sponsored Visa and Non-Sponsored Visa.
- Select an Occupation from STSOL
After choosing your appropriate visa, select an occupation coming under the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) of Australia. For State Nominated Visa, you need to choose a particular state to apply.
- Apply Through Point Based System
Once you completed the above things, you can submit your Expression of Interest in the SkillSelect system online mentioning key profile details like age, qualification, work experience, language ability, partner skills, and so on. The authority will assess your profile and give a score to each factor. Your aggregate score should be at least 60 to be eligible to apply for PR.
Acquiring a higher score will boost your possibility of getting PR. Hence, pursue the courses that help in getting migration points. The top courses for international students that bring migration points are accounting, engineering, IT, NAATI, and so on.
Remember, the candidates for Australia permanent residency are selected based on the demand of employers in the domestic market and assessment of other factors.
Do you need assistance to apply for PR in Australia? Contact our AECC Global migration agents to outline your pathway and get assistance at every step.
Created on Sep 28th 2017 01:59. Viewed 458 times.