How to apply for a Singapore tourist visaby DIMS India Leading Immigration Company in Delhi
Singapore offers a 30-day tourist visa for Indian passport holders and I have tried to answer as many questions I could think of when applying for a visa.
Do Indians need a visa to travel to Singapore?
Yes, all Indian citizens travelling to Singapore need a visa; unless you hold a diplomatic or official passport. The visa process is unfortunately not a very simple one like many other countries; unless you live in a metro city.
How long can an Indian tourist stay in Singapore?
Indian tourists can apply for a Singapore tourist visa that allows a stay for a maximum period of 30 days with a validity of 2 years. That said, it is up to the immigration to decide if they issue a single entry or multiple entry visa.
What is the Singapore Visa application process?
While Singapore visa application process is online, it does not mean tourists can just log in and apply for themselves. The visa application needs to go through authorised agents. Unlike countries like UAE, Malaysia etc which have assigned this job to VFS, Singapore has authorised travel agents to do this. This is where the process becomes complicated because then there are no standard procedures. Travel agents can charge anywhere between Rs.1900 to Rs.8000 per person for getting the visa. The visa application fee is SGD $30, which is approximately Rs.1500. Agents can charge anywhere upwards of Rs.300 as service charges.
Singapore has consulates in Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai. Depending on where you reside, the travel agent will need to apply for your visa in one of the consulates online. The consulates do not take walk-in applications and individuals are not allowed to apply online.
What are the documents required for Singapore tourists visa?
Common documents for everyone travelling to Singapore:
- Passport: Every person travelling needs to have a passport valid for 6 months from the date of entry in Singapore. Even infants need a passport. If you have had old expired passports, you need to present them too.
- Form 14 A: Form 14A-Singapore Visa. One copy duly filled per person.
- Covering letter stating the purpose of your visit.
- Two colour photographs of size 35mm x 45mm, taken within six months, against a white background, on a contract costume, on a semi-matte finish, both the ears visible with 80% of the face.
- A copy of the onward ticket or return ticket.
- Marriage Certificate for couples:
- Only for newly married
- Going to get married shortly, wedding Card/Betrothal Photos with an NOC from parents, along with the Signature proof.
- If married and spouse name is not endorsed on the passports.
- If the applicant’s passport is not issued in the area where they are applying for the visa, a copy of an address proof letter (ration card, E.B. card, vote id, driving license, Bsnl/Airtel/Reliance/Tata Indicom landline bill, tenancy agreement) is required. For eg., if you are residing in Mumbai but your address in the passport is of Delhi, you will need an address proof.
- Latest 6 months bank statement with bank stamp and signature.
- For people who are in service: NOC letter on company letterhead, a copy of Employee ID.Download NOC Letter format for Singapore Tourist visa.
- For people in business: Covering letter on Business letterhead, Visiting card.
- For retired people: Retirement proof
- For students: School ID card copy
- For married ladies travelling without their husband: NOC Letter and Signature ID proof from Husband/ Death Certificate if husband not alive.
- If invited by relatives/friends in Singapore
- Invitees Passport and Visa copies
- NIRC Card
- Invite Letter from the invitee
- Form V39A – Letter of Introduction.
Created on Dec 1st 2017 06:13. Viewed 184 times.