How to Add and Edit Sharing Menu Options on iPhone and iPadby Mia Watson Mia Watson
In case you own an iPhone or iPad, you’re most likely familiar with the sharing option in iOS. It gives you access to a much larger number of alternatives than simply having the option to send data to various applications or share documents with others. Did you realize that you could modify this sharing menu as per your choice?
Apple has named this menu as “Share Sheet”, and it has been known for a couple of years. When the iPad and iOS 13 version was introduced, Share Sheet was also updated with improvements and certain other changes. There’s significantly greater adaptability with regards to customization so that you can have more power over what’s shown in this menu.
Keen on figuring out how this works, so you can make changes to the share sheet on your iOS gadget? Look no further, in light of the fact that in this article, we’ll be talking about precisely how you can add to and edit sharing menu choices on both the iPhone and iPad, with the iOS 13 version or above.
How to add and edit sharing menu options?
The share sheet menu offers different options to different applications, that means it is not constant for all the apps. But the steps to add and edit the share sheet remains the same for all the applications. The steps to add and edit share sheet menu options in the iPhone and iPad are:
- Open any application for which you want to add and edit the share sheet menu, for instance- Safari.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button indicated as an upward arrow on the bottom of the screen and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Swipe the pop-up menu from down to up to view in full screen.
- The share sheet menu will appear in three parts: Favorites, Applications, and other actions that can be done with the help of the share sheet menu.
- Locate the ‘Edit Actions’ button at the bottom of the screen highlighted in blue and click on the same.
- The ‘Edit Actions’ window enables you to customize and add certain actions to the menu such as add bookmark, add to favorites, etc. all you need to do is tap the ‘+’ sign present in front of the actions.
- If you want to change the order of the list once you’ve added the actions to the share sheet menu, tap and hold the triple-line icon and move them up or down by sliding.
- In case you want to remove some options from the list, click on the ‘-‘ icon in red in front of the actions, and tap on the ‘Remove’ button to continue.
- After completing the customization process, click on the ‘Done’ option to save the changes.
Above mentioned are the steps to customize the ‘Favorite’ section of the share sheet window. You can customize the ‘Application’ section in the same manner.
This is all you need to add and edit the share sheet menu in an iPhone and iPad. As mentioned above, some of the features do not work for all the applications such as a bookmark. It’ll work if you want to pin a website, but this doesn’t work for applications that are music-based.
Mia Watson is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at Blogs Book, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Jun 23rd 2020 01:51. Viewed 219 times.