How to Add a Background Picture to Outlook Email Messagesby Alessia Martine office.com/setup
Adding a background photo in your message makes it look different and attractive. A standard Outlook email message in the white background looks boring. You can also add a background photo related to your message to make it more attractive. Not only can you use an image as a background, but you can also add a solid color, texture, pattern, or gradient behind your message. If you’re also fed up with that white message background Outlook emails, use a picture background.
How to add a background picture to Outlook email messages on PC
Before you go ahead to insert an image as the background of an email message, enable HTML formatting first. You can only add a background image to an individual email message at a time. There is no option to apply the background to all the messages at once. In order to add a background picture to each email, you’ll need to add it manually with the same procedure. Here is how.
1. Start the ‘Outlook’ app on your PC.
2. Open the ‘Home’ tab and click on ‘New Email’ to compose a new message. You can also press ‘Ctrl + N’ button together to open a new message window.
3. When the message window opens, click inside the message body area where you can write your message.
4. Then open the ‘Option’ tab.
5. Click the dropdown arrow of ‘Page Color’ under the Themes group.
6. Then select ‘Fill Effects’ in the dropdown. This opens a small Fill Effect dialog box on the screen. From this dialog box, you can add gradient, pattern, texture, and pictures to your message’s background.
7. Click on the ‘Picture’ tab. Clicking it will open the Insert Pictures dialog box, with the options from where you can choose an image to use as background.
• If you want to insert a picture from your PC’s storage, click on ‘From a File.’ This will take you to your device storage to find and select the image.
• If you want to search the image on the web, then click on ‘Bing Image Search’ and type a word or phrase for the image you wish to search online.
• Click on ‘OneDrive’ to pick a picture stored in your OneDrive account storage.
8. Find and select the picture, then click ‘Insert.’
9. After that, click ‘OK’ in the small Fill Effects window.
Your selected picture will be added to the background of the new message. Now, compose and send your message as you usually do.
Steps to remove the background image from the Outlook email message:
• Open the ‘Options’ tab.
• Click the dropdown arrow of ‘Page Color’ under the Themes group.
• Then select ‘No Color’ in the dropdown.
How to add a background picture to Outlook email messages on Mac
1. Open ‘Outlook’ and compose a new message.
2. When the message window opens, click inside the message body.
3. Go to ‘Options’ and select ‘Background Picture.’
4. Now, browse the image you want to add to the background of the email.
5. Select the image and click ‘Open.’
6. Now, compose and send your message as you usually do.
7. And ‘Send’ the email with your chosen picture in the background.
Lily Johnsol is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emma has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Aug 14th 2019 05:16. Viewed 193 times.