How Do You Recover Your Forgotten Avast Antivirus Password?by Oliver Smith Sr. SEO Executive
There are ways to retrieve your Avast password if you have forgotten or lost your Avast account’s password. You can use these steps to recover your Avast password on almost any Windows (exceptions might be there). Once you have recovered your Avast account’s password, you can save it somewhere to prevent this problem. Take a stroll through this article to the steps for Avast antivirus password recovery.
Recover your Avast antivirus now
Before beginning with the steps to retrieve the Avast password, ensure you use a strong password. A simple password is easy to hack and can be changed without your knowledge.
- Ensure that your PC has a strong internet connection and that you are online.
- Log in to your Avast account.
- Select “Can't access your account?” option.
- You will find “Can't access your account?” below the login block.
- Type your Avast account’s email address and click the Send button.
- If the system shows the error “This email address does not exist in our system,” it means your email address is still not registered on the Avast antivirus portal. To resolve this error, simply create a new Avast account for the email address.
- Select the Got it option.
- Login to your email account’s inbox and click on the email with the subject line Forgot your password?
- Tap on the Reset Password link. It will direct you to the Avast setup password page.
- Create a strong new password for your Avast account.
- Re-enter the password and click on Set Password to confirm the changes.
- A notification declaring the successful avast antivirus password recovery will appear.
- Now, login to your Avast Account using the correct email address and the newly created password.
If you want to recover your Avast setup password data, follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you synchronize the Avast passwords on all your devices, the password will create a backup of the data.
- This Avast backup can be used later to restore the data.
- Search your email account for the email from Avast with the subject line “Your backup identity.”
- Click on the Restore link.
- An Avast pop-up will appear with a message to Open Avast Antivirus. Click on it.
- Tap the Continue option in the Avast window that will show on your screen.
- If the screen prompts you to log in to your Avast account, log in to your Avast account.
- Enter the Master Password for the original device from the group of previously synchronized devices.
- Now, click on the Continue option.
- You have gained access to your restored Passwords data.
- Finally, click on the Done option to complete the backup restoration.
Created on Aug 1st 2020 07:16. Viewed 1,015 times.