How do I set up a new email account on AOL?by Harry Wilson Softwate Developer
One cannot deny from the fact that AOL, the free web-based email ID has become one of the popular email service provided by Verizon communication. It gives you unlimited storage and up to 25MB of attachment limit. Apart from this, you can also link your other email accounts, like Outlook and Gmail to it and can access all three mails from one place only.
With AOL, You also get complete protection from spyware, malware and other virus attacks. However, the account automatically deactivates, if remain inactive for 90 days. After 180 days of inactivity, To set up a new email account, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Visit mail.aol.com
2. Click “Get a free screen name” to sign up or to create a new email account
3. Enter the required details, including name, username & password, date of birth, gender, postcode, security question, mobile number and alternative email.
· Just remember that as you enter the username, AOL will first verify for its availability and if the username is unavailable or already taken by someone else, it will show you the suggestions considering your email address. Choose one of them or try entering some other username and check for its availability.
· While setting up the AOL mail password, make sure it is secure enough to protect it from the hackers. It should be a combination of upper and lower case letters, special characters and numbers with length between 8 to 16 characters.
· AOL asks you to set a security question to increase the security of your account and to help you access your account, if you forget the password. Choose any security question from the list available and enter its answer. Don’t forget the answer!
4. Once you fill in all the details, enter the captcha code and hit sign up
5. Now, you can go for AOL mail sign in
The best part of the AOL email is that it gives the users a freedom to change the display name anytime they want. To do so, follow these steps:
1. In the upper right, just below your username, click Options
2. Click Mail Settings and then Compose in the left panel
3. Provide the display name you want people to see when they receive a mail from you
4. Click Save Settings
5. It’s done!
Apart from this, you can easily configure the AOL Mail send and AOL Mail receive settings in the email application. The steps for the same have been mentioned below:
· Search the IMAP/POP server as well as the port settings in your email application
· Update your server and port settings
· Now, save your changesHowever, if you are unable to update your settings and cannot receive an AOL email, verify your username. Just remember that it should be full email address with “@aol.com” mentioned with it. In case of any other error, contact AOL customer support team. The AOL technicians provide round-the-clock customer service, and will be glad to assist you.
Created on Dec 4th 2017 00:47. Viewed 195 times.