How do I secure my home Wi-Fi with McAfee?by Mark John Technician
No one can deny the fact that securing the wired or wireless network for both your home and business PCs is equally important. And to make this happen, you need to have a good and reliable antivirus solution on your device. To meet this need, McAfee delivers highly advanced security solutions that you can make a part of your personal data security.
McAfee Wi-Fi Security, a specialized program by this
well-renowned cybersecurity firm, ensures that no virus can infect the network
your devices are connected to. In addition to getting this product from mcafee.com/activate, keep the
below-mentioned points in mind to guarantee the security of your home Wi-Fi:
1. Sign in to the router settings by following the guidelines mentioned on the router or enclosed in the packaging
2. Modify the username as well as password with which you control the configuration settings
3. Change the default name of your network or SSID of your connection
4. Turn on the WPA2-PSK with AES encryption protocol. Also, ensure you provide the passphrase, which is usually of 10 or more characters
Advanced Security Measures
Apart from the aforementioned ones, opt these secure measures to add an additional layer of security to your home network.
· Keep your wireless router turned off, when you are not using it
· Keep a secure and private name for your SSID or wireless network. Don’t broadcast it for everyone!
· Make the most of Media Access Control Address Filtering, with which you can choose who can use your Wi-Fi network. By enabling this filtering, no device can access your wireless network, even if they have the SSID password.
· Use McAfee activate products such as McAfee LiveSafe to ensure the protection of your computer systems, smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
· Don’t enable the Wi-Fi setting of your smartphone to “search and automatically connect to the Wi-Fi networks”
· Choose from a range of dedicated security solutions for your computer systems and mobile phones
· Always keep a track of the ongoing activities on your devices. Never ignore the pop-ups generated by the antivirus or the security solution installed on your device.
Created on Jun 28th 2018 01:18. Viewed 142 times.