How Can You Change Your IP Address On Mac?
by Aida Martin Norton Setup
An IP address, or merely an “IP,” is an exclusive and unique address that recognizes the devices on the Internet or a local network.
The IP address is something that allows a system to be identified by other systems connected through the Internet protocol.
There are two primary forms of IP address formats used today – first is IPv4 and second is IPv6.
- IPv4 – This address includes four sets of numbers from 0 to 255, and the three dots separate it.
- IPv6 – This address format is quite different than the IPv4 format. It includes eight sets of four hexadecimal digits and exercises colons to separate each block.
Why Would One Need To Change His IP Address?
Sometimes, your PC’s IP address can have a clash or conflict. This typically occurs due to two reasons, either because another device has the same address or your IP address format doesn’t allow you to access the Internet.
But probably there can be a few more reasons due to which people may want to change their PC’s IP addresses that are very unstable from a principled standpoint.
Some services are more likely to block the devices that have IP addresses from specific regions. The service might be a music service, game, video service or any other general Website.
If the system detects and identifies you that you are from a region that doesn’t come in its area of services, then you will not be able to access it. Changing the IP address to one that comes into view and appears to be from another region can grant you access.
So if you have faced or are facing any of the issues related to your computer’s IP address, you need to not to worry about it, because we’re going to teach you how you can change the IP address of your PC. To learn so, follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the Apple logo from the main screen of your Mac.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Network icon. You will find that in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then tap on the network type you are using. You will find this in the left sidebar of the System Preferences window.
- Now you need to tap on the ADVANCED option. You will find see this at the bottom right corner of the System Preferences.
- Then tap on the tab labeled TCP/IP.
- Here you will need to tap on the drop-down menu. You will find this next to Configure IPv4.
- Select Using DHCP with your manual address.
Note: Alternately, you may also tap on Renew DHCP Lease option to order your PC automatically create a new IP address for you.
- Then you have to enter the IP address you want into the “IPv4 Address” labeled field.
- Tap the OK button, and press the Apply button. Now your IP Address has been changed.
Created on Aug 7th 2018 02:34. Viewed 519 times.