Getting the Right Company to Replace Your Furnaceby Kevin Smith Author
It’s winter and even though Georgia is nice this time of year, it still gets cold at night; cold enough that you need a furnace to be working.
One of the best ways to ensure that your furnace is in good working order is to have it serviced annually, usually in October, though late September isn’t too early and early November isn’t too late. If you take good care of your furnace it will take good care of you. But once a furnace gets to be about 10 or 15 years old, it’s usually time to start thinking about getting a new one. And certainly, if you’re spending more and more money to keep it running, or your utility bills are getting higher than normal, it may be time to think about replacing it altogether.
In cases like those, you’ve got time to shop around and find the best place with the right price. If your furnace simply dies, you don’t have the luxury of shopping around. Still, when it comes to heating replacement in Atlanta, there are some important things to consider.
What Kind of Heating System do You Want or Need?
- There are different kinds of heating systems: a gas furnace; an oil-based furnace; a heat pump; an electric heating system; a heating system that uses water, such as with a radiator; a propane-fueled furnace; etc. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. And you need the right kind to match the needs of your home, both in terms of heat production and energy efficiency. The system must also match your existing air handler and ductwork system. If it doesn’t, you may need some upgrades and that can be costly, especially if you have a large home.
- Keep in mind that some heating contractors may not even carry, install or service certain kinds of heating systems, so that’s one thing to consider when you start making calls for heating system replacement in Atlanta.
- Ask them what they carry and have them explain the advantages and disadvantages of each kind. Whatever you pick it will be newer and therefore will be more energy-efficient. But be sure to inquire about the price and whether they offer financing themselves or can assist with financing.
- Ask what kind of warranty comes with the furnace you’re considering and find out exactly what’s covered under the warranty and what isn’t.
- Make sure that the system you pick is eligible for a tax credit because of its energy-efficiency.
How to Find the Right Heating Company
- Finding the right HVAC company to do the work is important. You want someone who has been around awhile and/or has a good reputation. You’ll want to make sure they’re fair, honest, friendly and efficient.
- Make sure they’re licensed to do heating system installation and insured. Get a copy of their general liability insurance policy before they start the work.
- Make sure they have a good reputation with the Better Business Bureau and among other online reviews.
If you need a heating system replacement in Atlanta, make sure you do your homework, if you have the time and it's not an emergency, before spending thousands of dollars.
Created on Dec 18th 2018 00:51. Viewed 81 times.