Freelance Web Designer All Over Worldby Gajendra Shekhawat Search Engine Optimization Expert
Nowadays, blogs and business websites focus solely on the design of their platform. Yes, we know that people are attracted to colors patterns but little did we know that cute web designs can only attract returning readers and cannot lead new ones without the help of Search Engine Optimization. SEO is mostly implemented on the website's copies: About, Contact, Legal pages. If you really want to see your website at the first page of Google when your keyword is searched, you should do some more optimization to add more SEO points.
Here are some tricks to make your website SEO-friendly:
- Be Updated. Let's start with a no-brain trick to optimize your site. Websites are mostly done through WordPress, Joomla, Blogger, and more but despite of the platform you use, there are tools, plug-ins, special functions that need to be updated.
Updating your site's tools is the best way to make sure that readers are using your website in the way it should be used.
- Use Keywords on Urls. Having pages and a blog on your site is not just for information purpose or for additional content. The urls of these pages can be optimized too by incorporating your target keyword into its urls. For example, instead of http://www.yourcompany.com/about you can put http://www.yourcompany.com/about-web-design-melbourne.
- Speed up your website. Having tools and plug-ins on your website can help it be more navigational but at the same time ruin the user experience of your readers. Unnecessary plug-ins and tools will not just slow down the loading time of your website but also will repel new leads every single day.
So install and activate necessary plug-ins on your website that will help you improve SEO, delete spam comments, protect it from hackers, and most of all back-up your site.
- Have a blog. Like what I've said above, your blog is not just to complete the overall look and feel of your website but to share information and to be used to incorporate keywords in every post.
But remember, do not stuff keywords on your blog posts; only include 2-3 keywords per post so that Google will not turn back against you.
- Social Media. Your website has keywords in its urls and so is your social media handles. When you add social media icons on your business' site, please make sure that you add the link too and insert your business name and keyword in its display name (when cursor is pointed at it).
Just make sure that the icons you pick are suitable to your design and at the same time use short and precise keywords.
- Scatter Keywords. Put keywords at your sidebar; about us widget, footer; some keywords with links, header; the menu bar itself. Scatter them around your website but never as in never trash your web design with keywords. Always remember that it's not all about how many people go into your site, it's about how many stay and return.
- User-friendly. A good website design is all about satisfying your readers and potential clients by giving them a web design that is very easy to navigate. You will never convert readers into clients/customers when your website's design is not perfectly made.
To make your web design SEO-friendly, you need to learn to incorporate keywords in a smart way without hindering readers' way. A good website design is not all about cute, colorful, and witty functions but it's all about people's satisfaction, and most of all conversion (from a reader to a client).
You can always do web design, and website modification by yourself but there are web design companies that can help you achieve your website goals. Having a company behind your back is the best feeling you'll ever have because you know that there's someone helping you crush your goals.
Feel free to contact for your free web design consultation today!
Created on Jan 31st 2018 06:23. Viewed 122 times.