Flying from Atlanta to Miami: Things to keep in mindby Sanjay Singh Content Marketing
What airlines fly direct from ATL airport to MIA airport?
Each month there are several airlines that offer direct flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA). Among the top airlines that consistently provide ATL to MIA flights include:
American Airlines – (AA) with 360 direct flights between Atlanta and Miami monthly
Frontier Airlines – (F9) with 30 direct flights between ATL and MIA monthly
Southwest Airlines – (WN) with 60 direct flights between Atlanta and Miami monthly
Delta Air Lines – (DL) with 870 direct flights between ATL and MIA monthly
What is the cheapest month to fly from Atlanta to Miami?
Flights from Atlanta to Miami lean towards being more expensive in December. Prices are generally better when you fly from Atlanta to Miami in July, with the cheapest ticket starting at $56.
How to find the cheapest flight from Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA)
- ATL – MIA Price $96 – $198
- Popular in December
- High demand for flights, 26% potential price rise
- Cheapest in August
- Best time to find cheap flights, 35% potential price drop
- Round-trip from $96 From Atlanta to Miami
- One-way from $62 One-way flight from Atlanta to Miami
How many flights depart from Atlanta to Miami on average per day?
- On average 27 flights depart from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson to Miami per day.
- Morning (6am – Noon) – 30% of flight departures
- Afternoon (Noon – 6pm) – 41% of flight departures
- Evening (6pm – Midnight) – 30% of flight departures
What is the cheapest day to fly round-trips from Atlanta to Miami?
Flights from Atlanta to Miami are found to be more expensive on Thursday. This shouldn’t discourage you from searching as you can still find great deals by being flexible with your options. Use our search form to find deals on tickets to Miami.
How far in advance should I book a flight from Atlanta to Miami?
Travelers have found it’s best to book a flight 28 days in advance to save up to 33% compared to booking the same week of travel. As your travel date approaches, the cost of this flight route may potentially increase. While opting to book 28 days out may not be an option for all, there are still additional ways to secure a deal in the near future. You might find a flight from Atlanta to Miami 1-2 weeks in advance for as low as $202, or $254 for flights within the next 24 hours.
Top tips for finding a cheap flight from Atlanta to Miami
Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $79 or less one-way and $118 or less round-trip.
- The cheapest flight from Atlanta to Miami was found 22 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- The high season is considered to be November, December, and January. The cheapest month to fly is August.
- Morning departure is around 10% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from Atlanta to Miami, in Florida, usually depart at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, which is located 9.4 miles south of downtown Atlanta. The flight takes about 2 hours.
- If you are flying with your children, don’t worry about entertaining them while you wait for your flight at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Indeed, in
- Terminal 6 there is a play area fully equipped with toys and games which your children will love.
- If your flight to Miami is just the first leg of your trip, don’t worry about spending a long layover at Miami Airport. Need to relax? Head to one of the airport's
- lounges or spas or even the yoga room for a quick session. Alternatively, you can go shopping for gifts and souvenirs or enjoy works from local artists, on display at various points of the airport.
- If your flight to Miami lands late, why not spend the night at the airport rather than traveling into town at night? The Miami International Airport Hotel is located in the pre-security area of Concourse E and features both night and day rooms, subject to availability, that are perfect for a good rest.
- After landing at Miami Airport, travelers can choose from a plethora of options to get to the city center. The easiest ways, however, are using the Amtrak
- Rail (20- or 30-minute trip), the Miami Beach Airport Flyer bus, both cheap and fast, and the Metrorail (Orange Line). Alternatively, travelers can also hail a taxi or rent a car, both of which are easy to find at Arrivals.
American Cities with Direct Flights to Miami (MIA)
- Atlanta, Georgia, direct to Miami on American or Delta: price for a direct round trip connection sits between $183 and $213
- Boston, Massachusetts, direct to Miami on American: $300-330 for a non-stop connection
- Charlotte, North Carolina, direct to Miami on US Airways: average bargain fares somewhere between $313-328
- Chicago, Illinois, direct to Miami on American or United: below $324 is a bargain
- Dallas, Texas, direct to Miami on American: A good return price will set passengers back around just $300, while fares have also been known to dip as low as $157 at times!
- Detroit, Michigan, direct to Miami on American, Delta, or US Airways: A good price for the trip is anything under $264, while the cheapest known fares have sold for around just $236.
- Houston, Texas, direct to Miami on American, United, or US Airways: return-trip prices can drop to as low as $197 for some lucky passengers. However, good ticket prices are anything below $345
- Indianapolis, Indiana, direct to Miami on American: Some lucky folks have managed to book the two-and-a-half-hour journey for just $258, while most will settle for an average ticket price of around $289 for a return.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, direct to Miami on American: Good fare deals on the route will cost around $358 return, while some of the real gamblers have managed to scoop seats for as low as $277!
- Los Angeles, California, direct to Miami on Alaska, American, or Delta: book round-trip flights for just $312 dollars in recent months. What’s more, average fares aren’t that much higher (sitting at around $347-352)
- Memphis, Tennessee, direct to Miami on American: The trip from Memphis International typically cost less than $325
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, direct to Miami on American, Delta, or Sun Country: While some happy travelers have managed to book tickets for just $319 return, most will find direct routes with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and the state’s own Sun Country Airlines sitting at around $406.
- Nashville, Tennessee, direct to Miami on American: round trip and averaging at just $251
- New Orleans, Louisiana, direct to Miami on American or US Airways: Good prices for a return fare tend to hover between $257-275
- New York City on American, direct to Miami Delta, United or US Airways: with a selection of direct connections on Delta, American and US Airways for under $278.
- Orlando, Florida, direct to Miami on American: direct flight connections with both US Airways and American Airlines for under $253
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, direct to Miami on American or US Airways: average $267
- Phoenix, Arizona, direct to Miami on American: phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport to Miami International costing $358 and some of the cheapest seats selling for just $277
- San Diego, California, direct to Miami on American: nonstop tickets somewhere between $367 and $381.
- San Francisco, California, direct to Miami on American or Alaska: Good deals on the route will typically cost under $372, while fares have also been known to dip as low as $277.
- Seattle, Washington, direct to Miami on American: Good prices are anything under $407, while some of the most fortunate passengers on the route have scooped return seats for just $276!
Created on Jul 27th 2021 00:00. Viewed 123 times.