Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 when Opening a Company Fileby Devin Smith Technical Support Expert QuickBooks error code 6000 is one of the most commonly encountered error code series. This error code is generally accompanied by 3 or 4 more digits -6000, XXXX and also a message stating that the user is unable to open the company file. This error code is generally seen when the user makes an attempt to open the company file. As a consequence of QuickBooks error code 6000, the user is not able to open the company file. A few common 6000 series errors include -6144, 304, or -6000, 1076, or 6000, 107 and many others. If you are also facing any such error, then make sure to stay tuned with this blog post. In today’s blog post, we are going to discuss some of the common causes and fixes of 6000 series error codes.
However, a quick fix for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks premier support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370. Our team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services in no time.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6000
· Damaged company files
· Multiple users for the company data files
· Incomplete QuickBooks installation
· Inactive server connection
· Company data conversion over the internet connectivity
· Security software or the firewall blocking the access to the company file
· Server doesn’t have the right permission to access the company file
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6000
Following are the best ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 like a Pro:
Method 1: Restore backup to fix the issue
If the file doesn’t open up even after being move to another location, then, in that case, it is recommended to restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the present employer file.
· The first step is to verify that the system is not hosting.
· Open the company file
· And then, select utility option in the file menu
· The next step is to select the stop hosting multi-user access icon if listed
· Or else move to the stop hosting multi-user access window, followed by hitting the yes icon
· The next step is to click on yes icon after closing the company file.
· The user needs to ensure that the path to the company if not more than 210 characters
· For this, the user needs to visit the location of the company file
· And then copy the path from the address bar at the top
· The next step is to paste it on the notepad and then count the character including the spaces
· Lastly, make another attempt to restore the company file
Method 2: Update QuickBooks to latest release
· At First, Open your QuickBooks
· Now Press F2 or Ctrl+1 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
· Check your current version and release it.
To update QuickBooks desktop to latest version follow the given steps:
· Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks option.
· After that visit to the Update Now tab and choose to Get Updates to start the download.
· Once the download finishes you need to reboot your QuickBooks.
· Accept the option to install the new release when your desktop screen prompted.
We end this blog post here, with the hope that
the information shared here might be helpful for the user to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000.
However, there can be other methods as well, in case the above-stated one
didn’t work. You can learn those methods by contacting our QuickBooks support team.
Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370,
and we will ensure to fix the error for you in the least possible time.
Created on Feb 29th 2020 00:50. Viewed 454 times.