Fix Google Chrome elf.dll Errorby elina John IT Expert
Although Chrome is an efficient browser, it sometimes malfunctions because of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) error. It is one of the most common errors and it also reflects additional errors like an incomplete application, misplaced application, and elf. Dill error has also been occurring while deleting the application. Corrupted or damaged windows malware registry also reason for error elf.dll. If you are facing any issue regarding the same, then here is how you can fix it:
The most common error occurring Google Chrome is listed here:
- Chrome elf.dll is missing in your computer, so you need to try reinstalling to resolve this error.
- The specified module is not found in your device.
- The code execution could not process because chrome elf.dll was not available in your device.
Here we will teach you in five ways to fie elf.dll error:
- Run system file checker scan
- Copy elf.dll into the chrome app folder
- New elf.dll from DLL-Files.com
- Back to Windows system Restore
- Reinstall Goggle Chrome
1) Run System File Checker Scan
System file checker is one of the most reliable tools for resolve elf.dll error, but it cannot repair corrupted DLL files.
Here are the steps on how to fix elf.dll error via run system file checker scan:
- Start Run by pressing Win + R key together.
- Write cmd in the open field, and then tap on Ok option.
- Now enter (DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth) command in the nest windows and hit the Return button.
- After this, enter (sfc /scannow) in the command promoter and then tap on the enter button.
- After this, you can see on your screen this Windows Resource Protection repair your device, and then restart your laptop or computer.
2) Copy elf.dll into the Chrome App Folder
Here are the steps on how to fix elf.dll error via copy elf.dll into chrome app folder:
- Tap the file Explorer button.
- Launch the chrome app folder in the Explorer as follow:
- C: > Program Files (x86) > Google > Chrome > Application.
- Now tap on the folder the version title that can be like 79.0.3945.130.
- Double-tap to chrome efl.dll and choose copy. If you do not find chrome efl.dll, then you need to replace the efl.dll file from DLL-files .com.
- Back to the chrome App folder.
- Right-tap an empty location with the app folder and choose Paste.
- Launch chrome from the app folder.
3) New elf.dll from DLL-Files.com
Here are the steps on how to fix elf.dll error via new elf.dll from DLL-Files.com:
- It mostly extinguishes to download DLL files from any website, but Dill files.com is one of the sources that user review confirms to fix the missing error.
- Launch the flf.dll page in Dll-Files .com.
- Tap download for elf.dll file that similar to the chrome version.
- Also, you need to note you must download 32 or 64-bit files similar to your 32 or 64-bite Google chrome browser.
- Tap the Browser to choose a way for the next file.
- Tap Extract option.
- Navigate the elf.dll from the extracted file folder into the Google Chrome directory.
- If this process doesn’t fix elf.dll issue then navigate the elf.dll file to (C: > Windows > SysWOW64 (32-bit DLLs) or C: > Windows > System32 (64-bit DLLs).
- Reboot your Windows after navigating Dll.
4) Back to Windows System Restore
Here are the steps on how to fix elf.dll error via back to windows system Restore:
- System Restore maybe also handily to fix elf.dll error.
- Right-tap Windows 10 and then tap on start and choose Run.
- Enter rstrui in Run search box and then tap on the Ok button.
- Tap the Next option to start the restore points.
- Choose the restore point that shows elf.dll error on your device screen.
- If you are not understood to choose, then choose a previous restore point.
- Tap the “Scan for affected program” option, and it starts the windows.
- Open windows show you which software you will have removed by choosing the restore point.
- Tap Next and Finish option on the Restore Windows.
5) Reinstall Goggle Chrome
Here are the steps on how to fix elf.dll error via reinstall Goggle Chrome:
- Launch Run.
- Input appwiv.cpl in Run, and then tap on the Ok button.
- Select Google chrome in the features of applet and Programs.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap uninstall option in the dialog box.
- After uninstalling Google chrome from your device, restart your Windows.
- Tap Download Chrome on the Browser to get the installer for the new version.
The above resolution will resolve your chrome efl.dll error from your Google chrome. Alternatively, the user can also use a malware scanner to protect their Windows.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Mcafee security products at mcafee.com/activate.
Created on Mar 18th 2020 00:36. Viewed 387 times.