Five Things Everyone Should Know Before Visiting The USAby Roam1 Telecom Limited Roaming Redifined
Planning a trip to the United States? Before you pack your bags or plan your itineraries and book your air tickets, you should consider your communication plans. You should think of getting yourself a sim card for USA for your travel. How to get an international sim card you wonder. You can easily go online and get a USA sim card in India, yes, from the comfort of your home.
1. Visa: You need to apply for a visa. Unless you are from the list of countries that have a visa on arrival plan for the US, you would you need to get one. If you are a tourist, you can apply for a visitor visa and you will be allowed to visit for up to 90 days.
2. Local Transport: Public transport is not as well-connected and vast in the United States than in the rest of the world's cities. Typically, if you have to travel between states, air travel is the preferred mode. Within the cities, you can hail taxis or opt for car rentals.
3. Voice and data options: When you talk of your communication needs, you could buy a USA sim card in India and use it from the time you land in one of the US cities. You don't have to rely on pub-lic WiFi, which may not be dependable if you are going to be in the country a lot and may not be able to visit public cafes or spaces. It is always better to get an international sim card for both your voice and data needs. Getting a local sim may prove to be expensive, so it's always better to rely on your own sim card for USA. Also, why would you want to spend time looking for local sims or waste money turning on your mobile data (international roaming can burn a hole in your pocket).
4. Accommodation plans: Talking about accommodation, you should realise that hotel rooms are priced on per room not person. You can also opt for motels, hostels or bed and breakfast places for cost-effective options. Make sure you book in advance, and if you are in large groups, make use of discount offers.
5. Tipping norms: Tipping is voluntary, but it is the norm in the US to tip well. It is the norm to tip anywhere between 15 and 20 per cent for waiters. If you intend to tip housekeeping, you would have to tip at least $2 and take it up to $5 for each night.
- To know more about the international sim cards, Please check the source link:
Created on Jun 5th 2018 03:47. Viewed 423 times.