Famous Tourist Spots in Patnitop Hill Station Himalayan Rangeby Skyview Patnitop Get your adrenaline pumping!
A verdant landscape and misty cool weather is the main attraction of Patnitop to the tourists around the world. This hilltop town rests at an elevation of 6640 feet in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir. The misty clouds always play hide and seek with the evergreen forest of Patnitop which flanks the Chenab River. This river is the confluence of Chandra River and Bhaga River and it flows at varying paces through this town. This town is a perfect holidaying destination during summer, as it enjoys a cool climate throughout the year. It remains under the pristine blanket of snow during winter. This fact does not reduce the charm of Patnitop, as tourists may come to enjoy a walk on snowy terrain.
Patnitop hill station has no dearth of attractive locations for the tourists. This town is an ideal holidaying destination for families or groups looking for a beautiful place during holidays. On the other hand, it is an ideal location for honeymooning couples or couples looking forward to rejuvenating the charm of marriage. Patnitop also has steep trails ideal for trekking trips. The lively stream of Chandrabhaga or Chenab River is ideal for rafting adventures. Hence, this hilltop town becomes an equally attractive location for adventure lovers.
The tourists may keep a large list of Patnitop attractions when visiting this quiet and quaint hill-station. There are natural parks and trails along with ancient temples that are scattered around this town. Hence, it is hard to have one dull moment whilst visiting this town.
· A 600-year-old Nag/Cobra Temple in Patnitop is located at 2-km distance from the city center. This temple welcomes a crowd of hundreds of devotees during the Nag Panchami Festival.
· The ‘Billoo ki Powri’ is another attraction in Patnitop. At this location, the tourists get to climb 270 steps that have been chiseled out of the mountain. The origin of these natural stairs is unknown; however, many believe that the former king of Chenani built these stairs. These stairs are also located at 2-km distance from the city-center.
· Patnitop is also famous for Kashmiri handicraft items, such as Pashmina shawls, and dry fruits. A marketplace for these items is located at 5-km distance from the city-center.
· The 80-year-old Sudh Mahadev Temple is another tourist attraction located at 7-km from the city-center.
· The picturesque Sanasar Lake is located at a distance of 20-km from Patnitop. It is a perfect location for daytrips or adventure sports, such as paragliding, rock-climbing or parasailing.
· The Baglihar Hydroelectric Power Project is located amidst the Himalayan range of mountains.
Patnitop hill station has numerous business/luxury hotels set amidst its heavenly landscape. The tourists can enjoy a lovely view along with modern amenities and a wide variety of facilities whilst staying in these hotels.
Created on Oct 17th 2018 03:19. Viewed 271 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.