Ending an Essay the Easier Wayby Ava Smith My Assignment Help
A book that has a satisfying ending makes the best impression on the readers. So, for every writer, it is important to know how to start a conclusion. Often, students do not give much importance to this segment. This is why they fail to make a good impression on the professor and consequently get lesser grades. Writing the conclusion can be a bit challenging, but putting enough effort into it will worth it.
The function of the conclusion
Before one begins to write the conclusion, it is important to understand the intention behind writing it. Just like the introduction, the conclusion also affects the experience of the reader. Through the conclusion, one must try to show why all the information and analysis shown in the essay is important to the readers. The conclusion must give readers a feeling of satisfaction. This section gives the readers the opportunity to take away something useful from the essay.
How to start a conclusion?
Through a conclusion, the essay writers can say the final words on the topic, amalgamate his/her viewpoint, persuade the readers to agree with it for the last time and highlight the significance of the information provided.
To write an effective conclusion, one can utilise the tips mentioned below:
• Making a connection with the introduction- The conclusion can be started by restating the main argument or topic of the essay. There must be a similarity between the introduction and the conclusion with regard to the idea, as well as the argument presented. However, the conclusion must not be a repetition of the introduction. This linking can be done by utilising the same concept, any term or example used in the introduction.
• Taking the discussion to a broader context- The conclusion is the place where one can show the implications of the findings in a larger context. This will also showcase the importance of the argument made in the essay. For example, if the essay is written on Emily Dickinson’s writing style, in the conclusion, her influence on the American literature can be mentioned. But, this will be a brief mention and not a whole discussion.
• Not making it emotional- Often, some writers try to draw in emotion to make the conclusion appealing to the readers. But, this is a wrong approach to take. It is because while the whole essay is written based on analysis, an emotional conclusion can feel very out of the context. It will be more apt to use a sophisticated remark on the main subject of the essay.
• Providing suggestion for future research- In the conclusion, one can give suggestions for future research on the topic. This will come after mentioning the limitations of the research conducted. This can be helpful for a person who wants to write on a similar essay topics.
• Creating a brief segment- The conclusion must not include all the arguments used in the essay. Rather, it will be a brief summary of the whole paper. Here, one can highlight the most important points used in the paper. One must always remember that in the conclusion, no new topic will be introduced.
Ending an essay in the correct manner can contribute to making a great lasting impression on the readers. This can also influence the success rate of your essay.
Created on Aug 6th 2018 07:39. Viewed 162 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.