Emergency Medical Services Products Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Industry Forecast Rby Susan Hill Business Consultant
global emergency medical services products market size is
expected to reach USD 34.15 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 7.0%,
according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for
emergency care and increasing healthcare expenditure across the globe are the
key factors driving the market. Increasing cases of trauma, caused by road
accidents, natural disasters, and sports and other injuries, is also one of the
key growth-driving factors for the market.
For instance, as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injury is the major cause of disability and death in U.S., accounting for 30.0% of all injury-related deaths. Emergency medical services (EMS) and trauma centers work closely to initiate the pre-hospital treatment process. In U.S., the government introduced Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) in 1986. As per the law, anyone going to the emergency department has to be treated and stabilized, irrespective of their ability to pay or their insurance status.
Such laws are improving the accessibility of emergency care. In addition, rising healthcare expenditure across the globe is likely to improve the quality of emergency medical services. Such factors are expected to boost the EMS products market over the forecast period. Moreover, associations, such as American Trauma Society (ATS), offer courses and training for preventing injuries, which drives the demand for EMS products. ATS offers a two-day course developed by seasoned injury prevention professionals across the country.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of revenue, life support & emergency resuscitation systems led the EMS products market in 2018 and will continue its dominance throughout the forecast years
- Increasing cases of trauma and demand for emergency care contributes to the growth of the life support & emergency resuscitation systems segment
- Defibrillators segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the rise in number of Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs).
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2019 to 2026 owing to rapid development of healthcare infrastructure and rising number of start-ups in this region
- Prominent key companies in the market are Bound Tree Medical; McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inc.; Stryker Corp.; and Medline Industries, Inc.
Grand View Research has segmented the global EMS products market on the basis of product and region:
EMS Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Life Support & Emergency Resuscitation
- Endotracheal Tubes
- Patient Monitoring Systems
- Wound Care Consumables
- Dressings & Bandages
- Sutures & Staples
- Patient Handling Equipment
- Medical Beds
- Wheelchairs and Scooters
- Other Equipment
- Infection Control Supplies
- Disinfectant and Cleaning Agents
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Other EMS Products
EMS Products Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Access full research report on global emergency medical services products market:
Created on Aug 2nd 2019 09:27. Viewed 53 times.