Easy Gout Treatment and Prevention Tips - Natural Gout Treatmentby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Gout is a very painful disease which causes inflammation and deposition of the uric acid within the cartilages of the joints in our body. Gout’s tendency is to first affect the big toe causing it to swell and become quit painful. In the preceding stages it spreads to the ankles, knees, joints of hands and feet, then to the wrist and elbow.
When our body breaks down the chemicals known as purines, it results in the production of uric acid. Purines is the chemical that are found naturally in our body as well as in the food that we eat. Normally, uric acid tends to dissolve and go through the urine via the kidneys. But if the body tend to produce more amount of uric acid or if the body is not excreting the amount of uric acid that it should, then the uric acid starts to accumulate in the body. This build up thus results in the formation of sharp, needle like crystals. When uric acid accumulate in the joints or its surrounding tissues, it becomes painful, causes inflammation and swelling.
According to Ayurveda, gout can also be called vatarakt, as the main dosha involved in causing gout is vata and it affects the rakt dhatu. The impairment in the vata dosha and the rakt dhatu is usually caused by the increased consumption of spicy, sour, salty, alkaline and penetrating foods. The impaired doshas thus travel through the channels of our body and get accumulated at the smaller joints first causing damage to the tissues and bones of the joint which results in vatarakt.
Some of the other factors that lead to gout problem involves excessive anger, waking up late in the night, sleeping in the daytime, excessive traveling, trauma, overindulgence in physical exercises, excessive sexual activity and suppressing the natural urges of the body. Ayurvedic treatment of this disease emphasize on the herbal preparations, diet and routines which would help to cleanse the blood.
Here are some diet and lifestyle change tips which is also a part of Gout treatment:
- The person suffering must avoid high-protein diet and excessive salt.
- The person suffering must avoid all sour, pungent, fried foods, red meat, alcohol and tobacco.
- They must consume light and easily digestible food such as steamed or boiled vegetables or vegetable broth.
- They should also consume wholegrain bread, cereals and increase their intake of seasonal fruits but except banana.
- They should also increase the use of garlic, ginger, cumin, fennel, coriander, cardamom and cinnamon in their food.
- They should avoid dairy products, especially yogurt.
- They must indulge in light and gentle exercises.
- Massaging their joints gently with lukewarm sesame oil for 20-30 minutes would also be very helpful for gout.
- They must also avoid damp and cold places as well as keep their body warm.
- They must drink 8-10 glasses of water daily so that it cleanses toxins from the body.
Here is a home remedy that you can opt to treat gout:
Swallowing 2-3 fresh, peeled garlic buds everyday with water on an empty stomach in the morning will help to reduce the pain.
Created on Jan 10th 2018 03:13. Viewed 437 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.