Convenient Ways to Successfully Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utilityby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
Data damage while running QuickBooks Desktop is a common occurrence, which can arise due to many common causes, like network or connectivity issues and file size limitations. You can get rid of this issue by using the QuickBooks rebuild data feature, which is designed to help users resolve data problems with ease. If you are facing data corruption in the QB app, you can use the QuickBooks rebuild data every backup feature with the help of the following steps.
If you are encountering data damage in QB, you can use the solutions given below to address the issues. In case these solutions are taking longer than expected, you can take direct help from our QB technicians at 1.855.738.2784.
Common Issues That Can Be Fixed With the QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Feature
- The rebuild data feature can help users find missing names or transactions in the list data and fix the situations where users can’t find all accounts in the balance sheet.
- In case you have already deposited some payments but they are not reflected in the data, then you can use the verify/rebuild feature of QB.
- If the invoices and bill reports have discrepancies or negative balances, which are causing issues while running the data, they can be addressed with the rebuild tool.
- Data consistency errors and corrupted transactions, along with file structure errors, can also be fixed by using the rebuild feature.
Detailed Steps to Resolve Data Damage Using QuickBooks Rebuild Data Tool
- Open QuickBooks and head over to the File tab to hit the Utilities section, followed by choosing the Verify Data option.
- Let the tool verify the data, and in case no message is displayed, you don’t need to run the rebuild feature, but if issues are identified, you will encounter the “data lost integrity” message.
- Next, go to the Utilities menu of the File section to choose the Rebuild Data option, and hit OK on the backup company file popup window.
- Save the company file backup at an accessible location, and once the data is saved, the rebuild tool will automatically initiate in the system.
- Next, wait for the Rebuild Has Completed message, and if errors are detected by the QuickBooks data repair tool, you need to manually fix them by accessing the QBWin.log folder from the QuickBooks Desktop Support sites.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks Desktop to check if the data damage is correctly addressed and you are able to run the QB functions without any hindrance.
Created on Aug 9th 2023 16:07. Viewed 153 times.