Complete Guide to Password Protecting Notes in OneNote for Windows 10by Jack Tucker IT Support Engineer
icrosoft allows users of OneNote to lock individual or all sections of notes with a password. Therefore, if you have any data related to health, finances, or personal information, then you can safely store it in OneNote. In this blog, we will explore the process to lock and unlock notebook sections in Windows 10.
How to add a password to your OneNote notes
With OneNote, you can lock and secure some or all notebook sections. But you should bear in mind that these passwords cannot be retrieved once lost.
Adding a password to a segment of the notebook
If you add a password to a particular segment of the notebook, then all the content and pages get locked until the right password is keyed in.
1. Right-click on the section that you wish to secure.
2. From the context menu, select Password Protection.
3. Now, click on Add Password.
4. In the Password Protection screen, input the password of your choice in the Enter Password field.
5. Re-type the same password in the Confirm Password field.
6. Hit the Enter key.
You should be careful while selecting the password. The password cannot be reset or retrieved when you forget or lose it.
Locking all protected notebook sections
Users who have added passwords to different notebook sections can lock them jointly.
1. Unlock any protected notebook section.
2. Right-click on it.
3. Select Password Protection from the list of options.
4. Click on Lock Protected Sections.
Changing the password for a protected notebook section
1. Unlock the section whose password you wish to alter.
2. Right-click the notebook section.
3. Click on Password Protection from the list.
4. Select Change Password.
5. You will be directed to the Change Password screen.
6. Enter a new password in the Enter New Password field.
7. Re-enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
8. Hit the Enter key.
Removing passwords from protected Notebook sections
1. Select the notebook section and unlock it.
2. Right-click on the section.
3. From the pop-out menu, select Password Protection.
4. Now, click on Remove Password.
5. In the following Remove Password screen, key in the current password.
6. Hit the Enter key.
Jack Tucker is a security expert and he writes about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and is working at norton.com/setup
Created on Dec 3rd 2018 15:06. Viewed 835 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.