Complete Guide to Fix The Audio Service is Not Running on Windows 10by Joey Williams Consultant
The Audio Service is not running is one of the most common errors experienced by many Windows 10 users and still affected by this bug. It’s a warning message from the Windows operating system which signifies that those services which are responsible for delivering the sound is stopped due to some reasons and cannot be started automatically. Moreover, this issues is affecting the sound icon appears in the bottom of the taskbar, it is the one which opens a little volume slider when clicked on it just gets a red X on the right side bottom window. Whenever the users are receiving this error, they just place the mouse pointer on the icon that shows the message about the audio services issues that appears on the pop-up line of the screen.
this error is caused by the Windows Audio
services problems as the services which you need to be running is either preventing
or failing to start the audio service when your computer system is rebooting.
Sometimes restarting the computer system often helps you in solving the issue.
But many times, restarting the computer system doesn’t work then in this
situation you need an actual solution of fixing this issue. Underneath, we have
helped few solutions you in fixing the
Audio Service is not running on Windows 10 easily.
Steps to Fix Audio Services is not Running Error
Some Windows 10 users can restart their device, but it’s not a permanent solution to this problem. Instead, it’s temporary. Keep in your mind that Audio Service is not running may be caused by some other issues including the device or even with the cyber intruder problem. And before following the steps, perform a full system scan to fix this error, but still, the error persists then follow the steps given below:
Solution-1: Increase/Decrease Volume of Computer
Possibly, you can increase or decrease the volume of your computer system. However, it can also be done even the red X is on the Sound icon and additionally, the message about Audio service is not running is displayed on the screen. Here how to do it:
1. Press the “Speaker” icon in the taskbar menu.
2. Once you see a “Volume Slider” button, you can easily adjust the volume of your computer system.
3. Now, increase or decrease the volume even by the smallest amount.
Hopefully, this should troubleshoot the red X on the icon, and the message appears on the screen.
Solution-2: Restart Windows Audio Service
1. Hit the Windows + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run Search box.
2. Under the ‘Search’ box, type “service.msc” and press the Enter key to continue the process.
3. Now, copy and paste the following commands one by one:
· Windows Audio service
· Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service
· Multimedia Class Scheduler service (if available)
4. Navigate to the ‘Properties’ option by right-clicking on the mentioned services.
5. Now, settings options will appear on the screen, under it set the “Startup type” to “Automatic.”
6. Again, click on the services by using the right click button of your mouse.
7. Finally, choose “Restart” located in the Start menu to restart your computer system.
Joey Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines and blogs.
Source : Windows 10
Created on Jan 8th 2019 08:58. Viewed 687 times.