Comparison: Eliquis vs Pradaxaby Levi Gill Executive
Eliquis is an anticoagulant (blood thinner) that has the ability to prevent blood clots and reduces the risk of systemic embolism and stroke in patients with the condition of nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. It prevents a number of medical conditions that are associated with the clotting of blood. It does not require any monitoring. If severe bleeding occurs, an antidote named andexanet alfa is available. Since it is not available as a generic, it is quite expensive. Nowadays people prefer to buy Eliquis online from online pharmacies as they provide great offers on medicines.
Pradaxa is also an anticoagulant that prevents as well as treat the blood clots. It works by blocking thrombin which is the clotting protein. It is used to prevent thromboembolism (blood clots) in atrial fibrillation, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis – prophylaxis and certain other conditions.
Preventing clots also helps reduces the risk of heart stroke in patients. Generally, people prefer to buy Pradaxa online to get at a discounted rate.
Benefits of Eliquis
- In patients with atrial fibrillation or any other clotting disorders, Eliquis effectively reduces the risk of heart stroke
- When on Eliquis (Apixaban), you do not need to get blood tests regularly. Also, like other blood thinners, you do not have to regulate your diet.
- If you have had blood clots in your legs or lungs before, Eliquis can lower the risk of them forming again.
Benefits of Pradaxa
- Pradaxa does not require frequent dose changes or regular blood tests to be done.
- Works effectively in lowering the risk of heart stroke and heart attacks.
- Antidote is available in case of accidental overdose to reverse the effect.
- May be taken without or with food
It is majorly used for conditions like Atrial fibrillation, blood clot treatment, and stroke and blood clot prevention.
It is used for conditions like blood clot prevention, DVT treatment and prevention, Stroke prevention, Pulmonary embolism treatment, Pulmonary embolism prevention, and blood clot prevention post hip replacement surgery.
Significant Information – Eliquis
- The patient can bruise easier. If the patients get any cut, it will take longer to stop the bleeding. Always see if you are facing any internal bleeding such as bloody stool or dark urine. Inform your doctor immediately if internal or external bleeding occurs.
- It should not be used if you have artificial heart valves.
- Never stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor as discontinuation could put in risk.
Significant Information – Pradaxa
- It is not advisable to take Pradaxa for people older than 75 years and patients with kidney problems owing to increased risk of bleeding.
- Strictly, it should not be used in patients with artificial heart valves
- Not appropriate to consume for patients who need to take NSAIDs (ibuprofen or any other) or Aspirin regularly since this can increase the risk of bleeding.
Side Effects of Eliquis
Some of the common side effects of Eliquis are skin rashes, fainting, nausea, anemia, allergic reactions, etc.
Also some of the serious which you need to immediately report to your doctor includes unusual bleeding, easy bruising, heavy periods, weakness, red/brown/pink urine, bloody or black stools, vomiting of coughing blood, numbness, tingling, loss of movement etc.
Side Effects of Pradaxa
Some of the common side effects of Pradaxa are bruising, minor bleeding, abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea, heartburn, skin rash, itching, etc.
If you see any serious side effects like heartburn, vomiting or nausea consult your doctor immediately.
Created on Oct 23rd 2019 06:54. Viewed 85 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.