Cloud Backup or Cloud Storage: Choosing the Right Servicesby Ace Data Data
Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage seem similar, and they are similar but with significant differences. The right choice for your business depends entirely on your business needs and requirements.
To assess whether your business needs cloud storage or a cloud backup, let’s look at them individually first and then compare them.
What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage is a service focusing on offering easy access to your online files. It lets you preview, edit, share, and collaborate on your files with others.
Advantages of Cloud Storage
· Files are stored in a centralized location; you can access your files from any device.
· You can easily share your files with friends and family.
· Cloud storage allows easy syncing between devices.
Disadvantages of Cloud Storage
· Manual transfer of data
· Continuous monitoring of data for any changes.
· Lost files can’t be retrieved easily.
· Lost or infected data on your laptop or computer might also get infected in Cloud.
What is Cloud Backup?
Cloud backup is a third-party service designed to protect your data from loss or any catastrophic events like theft or disaster.
Advantages of Cloud Backup
· There is no need to drag and drop files in cloud backup. Automatic scheduled and Continuous Data Backup happens on its own.
· Cloud backup stores multiple copies of data
· With cloud backup, you can store all versions of files, so even if you overwrite a file, you can recover your original file through the saved versions.
· The cloud backup service provider encrypts your file before they are uploaded to the cloud and sends them to the offsite server through a secure tunnel using advanced encryption technology.
· There are utmost data privacy policies.
Disadvantages of Cloud Backup
While there are many advantages of cloud backup, it also has some disadvantages –
· Increased dependency on the internet
· Security risks
· Limited control over your data
· Compatibility issues
Cloud Backup Vs. Cloud Storage
Here are some differentiating Factors of Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage:
· Affordability: Cloud Backup is more affordable as compared to Cloud Storage.
· Convenience: Cloud Backup is more convenient to operate.
· Automation: Cloud Backup is entirely automated.
· Reliability: Cloud Backup is more reliable than cloud storage
Deciding Factors for Choosing Cloud Backup Vs. Cloud Storage
There are three prominent questions you need to ask yourself, and answers to them will help you decide which service is better for your business.
1. The first question is — How Important is Data Protection for your business?
2. Second question is — How do you want to access or share your data within your organization?
3. Third is — How often do you need to access your data for business purposes?
Your choice of services will depend on your business requirement. For instance, if you want to store and share files, cloud storage is what you need. But if you want to ensure your data is always safe and encrypted, consider using a cloud backup solution.
Created on Mar 15th 2023 04:52. Viewed 74 times.