Choosing Tiles For Your Bathroomby Anthony F. Direct Tiling Group
Tiles are ideal for increasing both the aesthetic appeal & monetary value of your property. Unlike other flooring options, tiles provide durability, stylish design & ease of ability to maintain. When choosing tiles for your property it's important to understand which tile designs & tiling patterns work best in which rooms - based on both the functionality of them & their visual design.
Choosing Tiles for Bathrooms:
There are a few things to consider when selecting tiles including tile colour, size of available space & understanding the different types of surfaces which there are to tile (this being the floors, walls & shower area - all which can benefit from the addition of tiles). Since tiles are uniquely water resistant & easy to clean and maintain, there are surfaces which come in contact with moisture, it's a good idea to tile these surfaces. Once the different areas of which you plan to tile have been highlighted, it's important to narrow down the different types of bathroom tiles which are best suited to these surfaces.
- Shower Floor: The main thing to consider when tiling a shower room floor is traction since it would become a health hazard, you would not want your shower floor to be slippery. Therefore, it's important to use non-slip tiles, with the best options being porcelain & natural stone tiles.
- Shower Walls: Since having non-slip tiles in these areas of the bathroom is not a necessary requirement, provided is a lot more freedom in the tiles which you can use. Polished, glass & porcelain tiles are the best choices for bathroom walls. With these options, you have the ability to create a stunning design in your bathroom.
- Bathroom Floor: Like the shower area's floor, having non-slip tiles again becomes an important factor. Also, since there would be a lot of use of the tiles on the bathroom floor, finding durable tiles is also an important factor. In these cases, porcelain tiles are the ideal option for a bathroom floor. Given the relative cheapness and ease of install, these tiles are the most suitable option for a bathroom floor.
Choosing Colours For Your Bathroom Tile
Largely in truth, the colour of tiles that you use for your bathroom is completely up to you. However, there are a few considerations which should be made:
- If you have less available space, a lighter colour of the tile can provide a subtle & airy look that can help your bathroom look much larger and brighter.
- If you do in fact have much more space available, darker colours can provide a deeper tone to your bathroom's overall design.
- If you aim to create a modern bathroom, pairing both dark & light tiles can be fantastic for creating this stunning design effect.
Finding Tilers in London to Fit Your Tiles:
If you're looking for London tilers to fit your tiles in your bathroom. Direct Tiling Group is the ideal choice. They are a group of leading tilers in London which provide expert Residential & Commercial tiling services for properties throughout London. With decades of experience, they guarantee quality & expert knowledge in the delivery of their tiling service.
Created on Feb 14th 2020 11:47. Viewed 29 times.