Building Information Modeling (BIM) Benefits for All Involved!by Chandra Sekhar Marketing Manager
Building Information Modeling (BIM) Benefits for All Involved!
Many companies are investing in Building Information Modeling (BIM) to improve their design and documentation processes, as well as the significant return on investment as a result. It allows (investors, architects, engineers, and contractors) to collaborate and add relevant information early in the project when the changes do not yet have serious financial consequences.
BIM makes it possible to develop more effective marketing plans, to obtain larger margins and to guarantee a higher quality thanks to a better knowledge of the project.
Divided into different categories, here is the list of the main benefits of a BIM design.
BIM benefits for investors and developers
· During feasibility studies and design, extracting quantities and ideas from BIM virtual model makes it possible to verify early on whether a project will meet the financial criteria and construction deadlines.
· The 3D virtual model helps to determine the functional and environmental criteria of a project. The result is an improvement in the quality of the buildings. This is essential when you consider that the use of a building represents 80% of the total cost of a building, including its construction.
· Better collaboration between stakeholders provides a better understanding of project criteria.
· A real-time cost estimate immediately verifies the budget implications of design changes.
BIM benefits for designers, architects, and engineers
· The 3D virtual model designed with BIM software allows for accurate visualizations at all stages of the project, and it's automatically consistent in all views.
· The model composed of parametric objects will not contain a geometry error, notably following a modification.
· BIM software allows you to generate consistent 2D drawings at any time, which perfectly reflect the virtual model at this time.
· Collaboration between stakeholders is facilitated through the use of the same 3D model, simultaneously or not.
· The virtual BIM allows the verification of the standards in force and the criteria of the project intact both quantitatively and qualitatively.
· The quantities and construction costs can be extracted in real time, at any time during the design. This makes it possible to have an immediate return on the budgetary consequences of a modification or a variant.
· Real-time simulations of the energy and environmental performance of a building can be done early in the study, providing the opportunity to correct the design as needed.
BIM benefits for contractors and manufacturers
· The 3D model is the source of all drawings, which eliminates any inconsistencies between them.
· Discovery of errors and omissions before work begins. Models from all disciplines can be assembled and checked for possible interference. Conflicts and other construction problems are visualized at the design stage and not at the construction site.
· Thanks to the parametric objects of the virtual model, the changes will be reported in real time and their consequences can be visualized.
· Design and construction can be synchronized with 4D, which adds the time dimension to the 3D virtual model.
· The 3D model allows the extraction of all materials and resources needed at each stage of the project. It is much easier to plan deliveries of materials and equipment. Orders to subcontractors can be made more accurately and in a timely manner.
· The 3D model allows greater manufacturing precision.
Post Construction Benefits for Owners and Managers
· All information collected during construction can be inserted into the 3D model and delivered to the owners.
· The 3D model delivered is a source of essential information for the management and operation of the construction, including any maintenance work.
In this article, we listed all the benefits of BIM for construction companies, architects, investors, owners...etc and most importantly for you, the future owner of a new construction project.
Created on Oct 3rd 2018 09:05. Viewed 446 times.