Best Educational Books For Teaching Basic Skills To Kidsby Dolly K. Digital Marketing Executive
Every year educationists roll out educational books that can help parents and teachers in building the basic skills in children. Books are the best friends of a person, and these hold higher responsibility when that other party in the friendship is a child. Parents use books for story telling, for giving ample practice of reading and writing to children. They also make use of the guides and practice sets to enhance further the basic skills of a child.
Some of the very interesting educational books that you can use as the first gift for your child are:
- Number sense books: Book publishing companies tie-up with various educationists and experts for presenting and sharing their expertise with the parents and teachers. Number sense means intuitive building of number evaluation capacity and that of performing operations or arranging the number in order of the choice, etc. Number sense books provide a readymade practice solution to the teachers who want their session with the kids to be a productive one.
Apart from number sense books, there are math skills books available too. These books contain strategies that teachers can use for number sense building.
- Reading manipulatives books: Introduce small children to letters, sounds and spellings with the help of reading manipulatives books. These books offer creative ways to help beginners get correct exposure to the letters, words, pronunciation, etc. With the help of these books, you can introduce the concepts of beginning, middle and end sounds, just like phonics books and give them lot of practice for learning spellings fast. The reading manipulatives books are quite helpful for laying strong language skills in children.
- Story-telling books: Stories are the first reference points that assist inculcating moral values in a child. The stories are the creative flight from the normal life and present larger picture but to teach basic moral values. The stories work way more effective way when the children are able to find their answers supported by proper guidance from the parents or teachers. The story-telling books from the book publishers in India come with lots of engaging illustrations, and these are useful for moral value addition.
- Manipulatives for math skills books: Early learners and math scare is a common combination. The books on manipulatives and games can be the good reference point for teaching kids about the basic math operations. Everyone has played board games with dice and coins. Similar resources are provided in the form of books material by the book publishers. The math skills can be developed using practice sets, introduction to concepts in playful and engaging manner with the use of math skills book.
- Geography and general knowledge books: These books bring the whole world around into the pages for kids. They can know all about the locations, people, cultures, etc. which are popular in the world. The books based on these subjects make it easy for the young children to know the world better. These books can include quizzes, picture and place or picture and name matching activities, and other interesting activities.
So, buy books for the growing kids of various types instead of gifting them mobile phones. These resources sharpen the brain, improve knowledge and help develop skills which are helpful in building strong primer for learning from an early age.
Created on Jul 14th 2020 05:29. Viewed 194 times.