Avast 2018 Is Having Issues With Windows 10by Hari Narayan Sr.Seo (Search Engine Optimization) Avast claims to be compatible with Windows 10 but still, there are some users who complain of getting issues while running Avast 2018 in Windows 10. There are three main issues that one may encounter. This article will explain all the issues with their possible solutions so that next time you do not have to struggle.
First Issue: Getting BSOD error after installing Windows 10 Anniversary update
The reason why the user gets Blue Screen of Death error after installing anniversary update is the incompatibility between any of the Avast driver and Intel CPU from the Skylake family. Here are some possible solutions to this problem.
1. Update your Avast program to the latest version before installing the anniversary update. If you need guidance while installing this program then connect with professional antivirus executives on Avast Help Desk UK 0808-169-3106. They will themselves install Avast update and then Windows 10 anniversary update.
2. Repair your Avast program before installing Windows 10 update and for that open Programs and Features, then select Avast and click on uninstall/repair button.
Second Issue: Critical error: The Start menu and Cortana are not working
This issue won’t allow you to use the start menu and Cortana which can be really frustrating for all the users. The problem is associated with Microsoft and a bug in Windows 10. To fix the issue, follow the given solutions.
1. Boot your system into safe mode and then restart it in the normal mode to fix the error. You can do it using Advanced start-up as well.
2. If this doesn’t work, then add a new local user account in Windows by clicking on the “Start” menu and then select “Command prompt”. After this, enter “net user/add” to insert your username and password of the new account. You can also create a new user from the Control Panel.
3. You can also run the Windows tool known as System File Checker or SFC to repair the corrupt or missing system files. If you don’t know how to use this tool then dial Avast Helpline UK for details.
Third Issue: Can’t Run Avast Secure DNS on this Network
Secure DNS is known for protecting the user from phishing attacks by using a fake DNS server. This feature is available only in Avast paid products. When this issue appears, you will see an error message saying “Secure DNS can’t run on this network”. There is no solution available for this problem yet, but you do not have to worry about your security as this issue doesn’t have any bad effect on Avast detection and security.
The above-given issues and solutions are not only applicable on Avast Free Antivirus 2018 but it can also be followed for other premium versions of Avast antivirus solutions, but make sure that all these software are running on the latest version. Remember that Avast support is very strong and if you have any issue with any of its product then you can get it fixed at their toll free number.
Created on Nov 15th 2018 03:19. Viewed 306 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.