Apple iOS 12.1 is here - Check Out New Featuresby Rob Stephen getaprogrammer
iOS 12.1 version has recently released. This article is going to highlight the major features introduced in this latest version.
This week, on 30th October 2018, Apple released the brand new iOS version 12.1.
Apple organised an Event at the Brooklyn Academy of Music to launch this new version and along with the release, Apple announced that a new Mac mini, a MacBook Air of 13.3-inch with the Retina Display and iPad Pros with USB-C and Face ID are also in the way!
Well, prior to the release, Apple released a detailed User Guide for this latest version. Read on to know what’s in the box!
- With the updated feature, you can add 2 to 32 people to a video chat.
- You can appear on the video call with Memoji or Animoji.
- Once you get an invitation to join a FaceTime call, you can decide whether you want to join the video call or simply just want to join the audio call from your Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- A silent notification (Ringless Notification), which the participants can simply tap to join.
- You can change the Focus View.
- Features automatic detection of the active speakers and depending on the speech, volume, and motion, the image of each person is shown.
- Starting a Group FaceTime is now possible straight from the group Messages conversion
- FaceTime is end to end encrypted for both group calls and one-to-one calls making it only viewable by the participants.
Dual sim support in iOS?
Well, yes! With this new iOS 12.1 version, you can now enjoy the dual sim support in iPhone XR, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs. It is going to feature digital eSIM and a nano-SIM. Now, without using a physical nano-SIM, users will be able to activate an additional cellular plan from a carrier.
Click here to get more information on how to set up Dual SIM.
Depth Control in Camera
Now, clicking sophisticated portraits with a more professional touch using the advanced depth segmentation is easier. With iOS version 12.1, you can dynamically adjust the field depth in real-time. Also, more options are available to blur the background.
This portrait mode with the Depth Control is available for selfies as well on the TrueDepth camera. This includes Memoji along with faster support for face tracking for the third-party ARKit applications.
Well, emojis are a great way to express how you are feeling or what you are thinking. Also, emojis make a conversation more interesting.
In this latest iOS 12.1 version, over 70 new emojis including more emotive smiley faces, new characters, new foods, sports, and animals have been introduced.
Majorly, these aforementioned changes have been highlighted. However, other than these, you can experience minor changes in the AR (Augmented Reality), Siri, Do Not Disturb, Screen Time, Notifications, Performance, Privacy and Security, App Updates along with many other sections.
Johan Smith is an experienced app developer of GetAProgrammer, a renowned mobile app development company in Sydney. He is currently leading an efficient team of best app developers in Melbourne, Australia. If you need to hire an Android or iOS app developer in Sydney, contact GetAProgrammer.
Created on Nov 1st 2018 23:41. Viewed 412 times.