An Important Checklist Regarding Pre-Paid Funerals Plansby Zara Smith funeral service
If you are thinking that still there is a lot of time left to plan a funeral, you are wrong. The reason is that death is uncertain and therefore, the right time to plan it is "right now", when you are reading this article. Experts say that some people make unnecessary delays in planning a ceremony and apparently, what happens is that they leave this huge financial burden over the shoulders of their family. To avoid this, there is the concept of pre-paid funerals plans that have emerged as a real boon for those looking to plan a funeral ceremony in advance. But going for one such plan is not easy at all and no matter what happens, you need to have a checklist to make sure that all the services that you require are included.
Pre-paid cremations and pre-paid funerals plans checklist
• The first step described here is that you should create a list of all the people whom you want to be the guest at your last ceremony.
• Other than this, one more contact list should be there with the names of those whom you wish to notify in cases of medical emergency and even, death.
• In the next step, once lists have been compiled, you will have to give them to the executor.
Other than this, you should also give him –
• A list of bank and investment accounts
• Mortgage or lien information
• Insurance policies
• Retirement plans
• Safe deposit boxes
• Real and personal properties of value
• All related telephone numbers
• Other than this, you should also provide the details if you are receiving benefits from Social Security or the Veterans' Administration.
• The reason is that this will help him suspend benefits and payments, once you are no more.
• You’ll have to select someone whom you trust to deal with your online accounts: email, online memberships, and social media.
• You should also give your final verdict regarding the relevant information and whether or not they should delete, close, or keep any of the accounts.
Taking Care of Funeral-Related Details
In this regards, companies that offer pre-paid funerals plans have the following suggestions.
• You should make note of all the details you want to be mentioned in your obituary.
• You could even write your own obituary.
• State in writing, your preferences for cremation.
• You can even decide what should be done with the remains.
In terms of the ceremony, you can even decide the following. –
• What type of urn would you like?
• Should it be made of wood, metal or composite materials?
• Would you like a traditional funeral, memorial service or celebration-of-life?
• If you'd like a celebration-of-life, what location would you suggest for this event?
• What special activities would you prefer at a celebration-of-life?
• What music or special readings would you prefer?
• What type and colors of flowers would you prefer?
• Would you like to select a charitable organization to receive donations in your name?
• If you are a veteran, would you like to receive full military honors as part of your service?
• Would you like to be buried in the grounds of a veterans' cemetery?
Created on Mar 14th 2018 08:36. Viewed 157 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.