Allergic Rhinitis Treatment - Ayurvedic Herbal Treatmentby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Allergic Rhinitis is mainly caused due to an allergic reaction by any allergen like the pollen. Allergic Rhinitis can be characterized by headache, itchy eyes and throat, running nose with watery discharge and also occasional sneezing. According to Ayurveda, such allergies are thought to be caused by the hypersensitivity of the nervous system. Some of the other causes of Allergic Rhinitis include indigestion, inhalation of smoke and dust, staying awake late at night, sleeping during the daytime, exposure to really cold and chilly weather, an increase in sexual activity and also by the suppression of natural urges.
If we go by the Ayurvedic perspective Allergic Rhinitis is caused because of the toxins that are present in our body and also due to our low immunity. Accumulation of toxins aggravates the levels of Kapha in the body which in return gives rise to different symptoms of allergies.
Ayurveda also tend to believe that by balancing the three doshas that are present in the human body, we can thus treat the disease from the base level. allergic Rhinitis treatment involves of clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and also detoxification. But if you want to permanently resolve this allergy disorder, it is important that you make some dietary and lifestyle adjustments in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma has also been noted to be an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Here are some dietary and lifestyle tips that you can follow in case you want to solve your allergy problem permanently.
- Instead of having canned of microwaved food you must have freshly-prepared, warm food if you have an allergy problem.
- It is always advisable to avoid stale and junk food as it can aggravate your allergy problem.
- You must avoid Kapha-aggravating foods like dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges and grapefruits.
- If you are passing through any dusty or cold areas, it is always advised that you cover your nose so that you do not get a sudden allergy attack.
- Ayurveda also suggests that whenever you feel a slight congestion, you should take a steam inhalation treatment it helps a lot.
- You might like camping but if you have an allergy problem you must avoid sleeping in the open and always cover yourself properly before you go to sleep.
Along with all these lifestyle and diet tips there are also some ayurvedic recipes that you can make a use of to treat your allergy problem.
- You can boil ½ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger in milk an add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it well. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day. Turmeric works as a natural immune booster and thus is very effective in allergic rhinitis.
- You can also mix ½ teaspoon of Indian gooseberry or amla fruit powder with a teaspoon of honey. And take this mixture twice a day. It is very helpful for Allergic Rhinitis.
- You can prepare a decoction by boiling a ½ teaspoon of licorice root powder, with ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder and a teaspoon of grated ginger along with 8-10 basil leaves in about a cup of water. Boil it until the liquid is reduced to half now add ½ teaspoon of sugar and drink this herbal mixture lukewarm in the morning and evening instead of tea or coffee.
These tips are very beneficial if you want to get rid of allergic rhinitis permanently. Opting for ayurvedic treatment is always better as they do not have any side effects.
Created on Sep 7th 2017 04:47. Viewed 509 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.