Allegiant Airlines – the baggage policies and feesby Cady Taylor Airlines Reservations
Your favorite travel partner Allegiant Airlines has always aimed to make your travel a convenient and cost-effective. To make our policies clear to you we aim to bring all our policies in front of you in our regular blogs. Let’s discuss our Baggage policy in this blog.
How Allegiant Airlines maintain their baggage Policy?
The Allegiant Airlines baggage policy for a basic fare includes the following:
• A small personal item such as a purse, a laptop bag, or a backpack without any fees. Maximum dimensions are 7 x 15 x 16 inches (17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 centimeters)
• A carry-on bag that can be a roll-aboard bag, a garment bag, or a tote bag is allowed, Subject to an application fee. The size of the bag must not exceed 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cms).
• Checked baggage or the Hold luggage is allowed on payment of nominal fees per bag increase with number checked. The size of the bags must not exceed 80 linear inches (203 cms) in H+W+L.
• Overweight and Oversize bags are allowed on payment of applicable nominal fees per bag depending on weight and size categories.
• Sports equipment are generally considered as baggage if they comply with the necessary requirements of baggage however, certain items might have applicable fees.
What is Allegiant’s carry-on baggage policy?
Allegiant airlines Allow only a personal item and one carry-on bag free.
The carry-on baggage must not exceed the following size and weight restrictions. The maximum size should be 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 centimeters) including all handles and wheels. The size of the bag should be such that it fits in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
The personal item can be a purse, briefcase, or backpack. The personal item should not exceed 38 linear inches (16 x 15 x 7 in) or 96.5 centimeters (40.6 x 38.1 x 17.8 cm) in size. The maximum weight of it can be 25 lbs./11.34 kgs. Keep in mind that the personal item must fit under the seat in front of you.
Note: A diaper bag, duty-free items, jacket, umbrella, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, crutches, child restraint seats, etc.) do not form part of your carry-on allowance.
How much-Checked baggage can be pre-purchased?
You can pre-purchase up to 4 bags having maximum dimensions of 80 inches or 203 centimeters (length + width + height) per bag. The measurements include all wheels and handles. Also, the maximum weight should be 40 pounds or 18 kilograms per bag.
Are there any fees on Allegiant Airlines?
Yes, fees apply at Allegiant Airlines. The fees depend generally on the length of the route. It also has a huge impact on the time that the baggage is added to your itinerary. You can add at max 4 bags. As a gesture of gratitude, in you are an active US military personnel traveling in Allegiant Airlines the airlines' charges for one carry-on and the first three bags are waived. For more information about Allegiant Airline’s baggage fees, please click here.
Allegiant Airlines' per bag checked baggage fees is as follow:
• At the time of booking: $18.00 to $35.00 USD per bag.
• Before departure: $45.00 USD per bag.
• At the airport: $50.00 USD per bag.
• At the gate: $75.00 USD per bag.
Tip: Book your baggage as early as possible to save on the Baggage fees.
What do Allegiant Airlines charges for overweight baggage?
Allegiant Airlines will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
• 18 to 32 kilograms or 40 to 70 pounds: $50.00 USD extra per bag.
• 33 to 46 kilograms or 71 to 100 pounds: $75.00 USD extra per bag.
Allegiant Airlines do not transport checked baggage that exceeds 100 pounds or 46 kilograms per bag.
Do I have to pay for sports equipment on Allegiant Airlines?
All Sports equipment like golf bags, skis, hockey, fishing equipment, and lacrosse equipment will be accepted only if they comply with Allegiant Airlines' size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag. Each piece of sporting equipment will be considered as a checked bag and all applicable fees applied per person, per segment, per bag. All Baggage Fees are completely non-refundable. A nominal fee will be applied for those bags that exceed the 40 lbs weight limit and eighty inches size limits. The total number of bags allowed must not exceed 5 bags per passenger. No baggage exceeding 100 lbs. will be accepted.
Created on Jun 20th 2019 06:28. Viewed 743 times.