Aircraft Maintenance Engineer- AME Details
by Ame Cet Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance T
AME is responsible to ensure that the aircrafts is operating properly or not. The safety, security and maintenance of aircrafts and its passengers are on the shoulders of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. AME inspects, services, repairs and overhauls civil aircrafts. The AME is the licensed person who carries out the maintenance of an aircrafts. The license is widespread internationally. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is highly paid professional in aviation sector worldwide.
Safety is very important factor, when it comes to aircraft. An aircraft is made of thousands of latest technologies and numerous parts, engines, electrical and electronic systems etc. With time and use, parts tend to wear and tear down, thus regular inspection and maintenance of aircraft have become very necessary. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is specially trained to inspect an aircraft, diagnose problems, report the problems found and finally solve them.
The aircrafts contains responsibility of huge number of passengers. AME is a job with high dignity and responsibility as it deals with well being and protection of aircrafts and its passengers. Before flight take off, it is the responsibility of licensed AME to troubleshoot the problem of the aircrafts.
AME requires skilled and knowledgeable candidates because they are the backbone of aviation industry and no aircraft can fly without Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s approval. AME should be passionate about his work.
No doubt they have great salary. It is a first class job. The lifestyle after completing AME is luxurious. According to payscale 2018, the average salary of an AME is INR 7,23,719 per month.
- National Carrier: Airlines are company that provide air transport for the passenger’s to travel. Before aircraft fly, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer has to analyse and troubleshoot the problems of aircrafts. After releasing of Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) an aircraft can fly.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries: MRO companies are those companies which are specializing to ensure the pre-determined conditions and their components such as jet engines, landing gears etc. To maintain the actions licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are required.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies: Aircraft Manufacturing Companies deals in the manufacturing of aircrafts such as Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier etc. For the purpose of maintaining and operating jet and piston engines, electronics system etc Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are hired.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies: Aircraft are made up of numerous parts. To manufacture those parts Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies have builds. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can analyse those parts and help them to build better one.
- Aircraft Operation Organizations: EASA, ICAO etc are the Aircraft Operation Organization. There organization deals with the rules regarding the safety and security of civil aviation. When it’s about Safety in aircrafts, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is the first name that came out.
- Aviation Training Centres: There are Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who tells other candidate about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and its scope.
- Flying Clubs: A flying club is an organization that provides its members with affordable access to aircraft. That aircraft need to be maintenance which is done by licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- Civil Defence Forces: There are many aircrafts which defence use for various purposes to protect the country. Defence are also maintenance by license Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- And any place where an aircraft is used in civil: Wherever aircrafts are used they require to be maintained by authorised Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
There are the excellent career scopes for AME to bright up their career in aviation industry.There is the following news which impacts the scope of AME career:
- The UDAN scheme is lifting up the AME career. UDAN Scheme basic agenda to “let common people fly” by cutting down the airfare. The drastic increase in domestic passengers can be seen which result in rise in AME career.
- The growth rate of air passenger is approx 25% which leads to the requirement of new aircrafts. Many airline companies ordered 1080 aircrafts which builds job opportunities for AME.
- World is already facing the lack of skilled AME. There is requirement of 7,54,000 licensed AME worldwide in upcoming years. As the license is valid in India and Abroad so AME from any Institute can do job in India and Abroad in private or government sector.
- India became the best market to invest in as India is developing in aviation sector very rapidly. Qatar Airways, WOW Airlines etc are entering in aviation market in India which raises the hike in the requirement of AME.
- Boeing and Airbus are going to set up their MRO Organisation in distinct states of India which builds thousands of jobs for AME.
- India in the race to become the 3rd largest in aviation sector which is great achievement for a country.India comprises of very hard working and passionate person which can make India proud. The career opportunities for AME are extraordinary as the growth of aviation.
- India put its first step on manufacturing of civil aircrafts which hike the opportunities for Aircraft Engineers.
- Airfares cheaper than auto-rickshaw ride: Aviation minister Mr Jayant Sinha leads to Extraordinary Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) Career. As the fare of Aircraft decreases more people will be able to travel through aircrafts.
What are the qualifications to become an AME?The qualifications to become an AME are as following:
AME License- To become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer a candidate must have AME License. It is the mandatory qualification to apply for Job in aviation sector as AME. The license is issued by DGCA Govt of India. The license of AME is very valuable as AME can work in India and abroad in government and private sectorThere are some extra skills which are helpful to become an AME-
- Mathematical Ability- Mathematics builds ability in the candidate to solve problem easily. If Candidate has good mathematical ability then he/she can solve the problem easily in aircrafts.
- Ability to work as part of a team- The AME operates the aircrafts in a team so a candidate is comfortable to work in team.
- Accountability- It is accountability of AME for the well being and protection of aircrafts.
- Ability to work odd hours- AME is required in favourable and unfavourable time and place. An AME is capable to work in each and every circumstance.
- Communication skill- AME should have good communication skills. He should have good command in English.
- Confidence- AME can present himself properly and confidently. The AME should have positive attitude towards his work.
There is a process to get AME Eligibility which is as follows:-
- Completion of course (COC)- After completion of 2 years academic programme in the AME institutes. The candidate gets the COC. AME institute in India are approved by DGCA. DGCA is the Indian body which is under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Modules- Modules are conducted by DGCA, Govt of India. There are total 17 modules according to DGCA but candidates have to clear the module in accordance to the stream they have chosen. It is mandatory for candidate to clear the modules.
- Experience– The total course is of 4 years. In starting 2 years there will academic programme and remaining 2 years there will be training in flying environment. The knowledge gain at the time of training will be considered as experience while applying for AME license.
Process to get AME License
- To get COC (Completion of Course) Certificate a candidate has to undergo 2 year academic program in DGCA, Govt of India approved AME institutes. In this 2 years program a candidate will get theoretical knowledge and practical training of aircrafts. After successful completion of 2 years academic program a candidate will get COC Certificate.
- In this 2 years academic programme there are some modules which candidates have to clear. The modules examination will be conducted by DGCA Govt of India.
- There will be 2 years industrial training on live environment in which candidate gets knowledge with stipend.
- After that eligible candidate will get AME License as per DGCA norms
How to get admission in AME Course to get COC?
To become AME, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Admission procedure is as follows:-
- AME Course a candidate should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing AME Entrance Exam, according to the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET they will get admission in top AME institutes approved by DGCA, Govt of India.
The growth rate of air traffic in India is increasing which builds more and more job opportunities for the AME. This is a golden era to become an AME. This career gives you all the luxury which a person can dream of. As per the circulating news AME career going to touch new heights.
Created on Jan 8th 2019 06:07. Viewed 442 times.