Advantages of VPS server over conventional virtual hostingby Jack Johnson Designer
In this article we will consider the advantages of a Virtual Private Server (VPS) compared to regular shared hosting.
VPS is an intermediate solution and a golden mean for customers who are already short on shared hosting resources, and a dedicated server is quite expensive.
The main differences and advantages of VPS compared to shared hosting
- Access to the server with administrator rights - root access, which allows you to configure your own software, full SSH access. On shared hosting tariffs such an opportunity is not provided.
- Guaranteed dedicated resources, although the physical server is shared between the UPU users, but the amount of disk space, RAM and CPU is legalized, so the resources are used only by the owner of the UPU. In general, the client owns its own virtual space, and it does not depend on the "neighbors" on the server.
- Personal IP-address of your website, which is provided to VPS tenant, compared to the fact that in hosting all the "residents" of the server on one IP.
- A wide range of VPS settings allows you to optimize individual projects that are on it.
- There are no limits on the number of sites, MySql bases, FTP connections, mailboxes. These parameters are limited on regular hosting.
- The ability to transfer their sites one to one without any additional configuration.
- Possibility to control all running processes.
- Function to restart the VPS.
VPS server virtualization methods: KVM and OpenVZ. Virtual dedicated servers can differ in terms of virtualization method. VPS with OpenVZ provide the ability to dynamically manage resources, in addition, in some hosting companies such services have a small price with lower overheads for virtualization.
VPS with KVM allows you to install any OS, including Windows VPS, FreeBSD and others (OpenVZ has no such opportunity). The advantages of KVM are honest resource allocation, remote access to the desktop via VNC and serious security.
All of the above does not mean that VPS is better than shared hosting or vice versa. Each type of hosting service has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice should be made depending on the tasks at hand.
Disadvantages of virtual dedicated servers
The cost is higher than the usual virtual hosting, many ordinary users are afraid to move to a VPS as they do not have administrative skills, but this problem has long been solved by many hosts and began to provide free service administration of virtual servers.
For whom is suitable VPS server?
First, virtual dedicated servers are suitable for heavily frequented online projects, including online stores, which are not enough parameters of the usual virtual hosting. Also VPS allows you to create a lot of mailboxes and databases, which makes it possible to provide remote access to all employees of a large company. Besides, if you are planning to engage in reselling, you can rent VPS and place client's sites on its resources. VPS is a guaranteed personal resources, and therefore - high reliability.
Created on Aug 1st 2021 19:34. Viewed 66 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.