A Brief Guide: Things You Need to Know About Duplicate Contentby Kristen White Blogger
Occurrence of duplicate content has different effects on the SEO ranking. Read this article to learn more about duplicate content on the internet.
Duplicate content occurs when certain content appears in more than one place or website address. Producing duplicate content has a number of effects on the rankings of the search engine. When there is similar content on a certain topic, Google will have difficulties in deciding which web page should come first. When looking for Seattle SEO company, always make sure you select a company which has knowledge of duplicate content. In this article, we are going to review information on the production of duplicate content on the internet.
What is the Impact of Duplicate Content on the Search Engine?
Duplicate content presents three main issues to the search engines:
- Makes it hard for the web page to know the page which should be ranked for web results
- Becomes tough for the search engine to include or exclude from the indices
- Makes it difficult for them to know how they are supposed to direct the link metrics
Impact of Duplicate Content on the Site Owners
When there is duplicate content on the internet, the web page can be affected in terms of its ranking and the traffic. This is due to two reasons:
- When seeking to provide a good search experience, the search engine cannot show two similar contents. They will be forced to decide the type of fashion which will be the most appropriate. Therefore, the visibility of each of the duplicates will be deleted.
- Linking can also be affected in different ways. Other website owners will link to the content on the website equally among the duplicates. This means linking will be diluted. Given that linking is one of the factors used in ranking a web page, the visibility of the content on your website will be affected.
How Duplicate Content Occurs on the Internet?
The creation of duplicate content is not intentionally done by the website owners. Here are some of the ways through which duplicate content occurs on the internet.
Presence of Copied Content
Content can include editorial information on the product information. Another source of copied content is when someone is using or republishing content from your blog or website on their websites. In e-commerce, it is also difficult given that the sites which sell the same products will publish the same content about the products since they get the information from the manufacturer.
Variations in Terms of URL
URL information such as the analytics code can cause the occurrence of duplicate content. It can also be caused by the way in which the parameters appear on the URL link. Session IDS can also cause the occurrence of duplicate content. It happens when each of the visitors who visit your site is allocated different session IDs. To avoid the occurrence of URL variation, avoid using URL parameters.
To fix the duplicate issues which can affect the ranking of your website, you need to begin by deciding which of the duplicated content is the right one. It can also require you to consult a Seattle SEO company to get the issues fixed. It will take a short period of time to fix the issues.
Created on Feb 12th 2019 07:35. Viewed 327 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.