7 ways to manage stressby Achin Puri CEO, Catalyyze
“Stress” is a word that has become nearly synonymous to ‘corporate life’. There is hardly anyone you’ll ever find who would say that he / she is not stressed or has a perfect life. Jobs have become exhaustive, long working hours have taken a toll on health and social life has become a matter of past. However, it is very important that we know how to deal with this stress and unwind ourselves once in a while else it would lead to serious mental and physical ailments as well.
Let’s look at some ways of De-stressing ourselves or managing the stress:
- Exercise: Any form of physical activity; be it exercise, yoga, walking, jogging, swimming or even martial arts training can be a great stress reliever. If your body is fit and healthy, your mind will also be at peace
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet also helps in managing stress. If you over indulge in toxic food items or drinks, you tend to stress yourself more.
- Taking time out for hobbies also could be very relaxing. Some people find solace in gardening, knitting or even playing with their pets
- Appropriate amount of undisturbed sleep is also very important to de-stress yourself. Ensure that you sleep for at least 7-8 hours every day without being interrupted.
- Meditation is also a great healer and relieves any kind of stress.
- Give yourself realistic targets. Don’t be too harsh on yourself. Sometimes, we also tend to stress ourselves because we give ourselves targets and goals which are far away from reality.
- Time management is also critical when it comes to not adding unnecessary stress. Especially in a corporate environment, when you don’t finish your work on a stipulated timeline, you tend to stress yourself more.
These are some techniques of managing stress in your day-to-day life. Over and above this, reach out for help for a specialist in case you feel the need.
Book your free life coaching session at https://www.catalyyze.com to manage your stress better.
Created on Sep 17th 2019 02:54. Viewed 90 times.