7 Innovative Ways to Develop Public Speaking Skills in Childrenby Nitin Saini Digital Marketing Expert
We all have seen anxious kids freezing at the sight of an audience. Stage fright and anxiety of public speaking is a common phenomenon among school children. There are times when the most confident kid gets scared of public speaking and freezes as soon he/she encounter anticipated eyes, says a Principal of one the top schools in Noida, Delhi NCR. It is important that we work towards developing public speaking skills of our students as these are counted among vital skills, like reading or writing. Enhancing kids’ public speaking skills are not as difficult as it is perceived, advice best faculty in one of the top CBSE schools in Noida, Delhi NCR.
Let us find few innovative tips to help kids overcome their stomach flip while speaking in public:
- Create a group of children of same age group and make them perform in front of an older audience. You as a teacher or a parent may take notes to give them feedback later. And they gain the confidence of speaking in front of a crowd. Later, with your honest feedback, they can get to know their issues and rectify it the next time. In this manner, shy speakers would also get to practice more and improve, says a veteran public speaker and child development coach at one of the CBSE schools in Noida, Delhi NCR.
- Keep a schedule and give them topics to prepare in advance. Let them prepare in advance on the topics by researching on the internet or from library books. Make them practice in oratory classes in front of enough audience.
- Educate them to practice using better ways to address an audience. Using gestures, verbal cues, intonation, storytelling skills, and voice and accent tips could help them improvise their speech.
- To keep them motivated reward them continuously. It is important to rewards children when they perform really well to keep them interested in reaching for new goals. Appreciate and acknowledge them after they attain each milestone will keep them on their toes, says a senior faculty at one of the renowned CBSE schools in Noida.
- Peer analysis is sometimes meaningful. When they are scored and encouraged by their peers it gives them boost to work on their problems areas continuously.
- You may help them with suggestions on resources to learn from. As a parent or a teacher, advising them to research more and seek for different methods and techniques while preparation, such as presentations, audio or video resources or reference books.
- Advise them to observe other famous public speakers. They can take advantage of technology. Tell them to observe various celebrities and political leaders and learn how they use their body language and intonation to deliver a speech. Also, watching videos on Ted Talks is very helpful.
In today’s era, excellent oratory skills are extremely important to carve out a brighter future in order to gain an added edge over others. Good oratory sills display their level of confidence and they are able to express and communicate with the team, co-workers, teachers, and bosses in future. All the best!
Created on Dec 14th 2017 04:46. Viewed 642 times.