6 Ways To Optimise A Website For The Mobileby Divya S. Content Writer
Today everyone wants to access the internet quickly and on the go. This is possible only with the use of smartphones to access the internet. Statistically speaking the number of users accessing the internet from their smartphones is all set to far outnumber the ones who use the desktop or laptop to access the internet in the near future. Hence it is very important for online business owners to have their own mobile optimised website. Anyone who does not do so is sure to experience a huge loss in web traffic and thereby a decrease in the business concerned.
Hence it is best to opt for the services of a Mobile Application Development Company and ensure that the website is also optimised for usage in smartphones. Some ways in which the same can be ensured are:
· Using AMP mark-up: The integration of AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages with search results obtained on the Google mobile has ensured that any website which uses AMP, will get automatically included in the Google SERP. In fact in some instances they will also be included into the paid Google search results. The main advantage of using AMP is that it enables the website developer to pack-in a lot of content into a search result thereby amplifying the reach of the website.
· Implementing Schema mark-up: The best part of this technique is that the answers that it comes up with, in response to a question asked by the user is so well featured that it easily becomes the only answer.
· Responsive website design: With Google specifically stating that it will always give preference to mobile websites, it has become very important for e-commerce companies to have a responsive mobile website. This is because it is not possible for website designers to check the effect of the mobile optimised website designed on all types of mobiles available. Thus the use of a responsive or fluid design is highly recommended in Mobile Application Development since it ensures that the website adapts itself to the specifications of the mobile used to access the website.
· Image compression:Web content can only be dynamic if it has images incorporated within it. But images tend to take up a lot of space and to ensure their incorporation within mobile optimised websites, they need to be compressed to fit into the relatively small screen size of the smartphones.
· User friendly content: Contents integrated into mobile optimised websites also need to be user-friendly. In fact while visual content is accorded top priority, if the text which follows a truly remarkable visual content is not good enough, the whole effect of the visual content gets disturbed and yields no results. Hence contents uploaded on mobile websites need to be dynamic and interesting.
· Post tagging: The semantics of a mobile search are quite different from those conducted on desktops and laptops. Mobile searches done on the go tend to have a lot more typos and awkward word phrasing etc. Hence Mobile App Development Services should ensure that tagging is also done for these typos and awkward phrasings so as not to lose out on web traffic because of awkward phrasing or typos.
Other ways in which the development of a mobile optimised website can be improved is by removing pop-ups, ensuring speedy loading of a webpage etc. Since mobiles are the future of all online searches, capitalising on this phenomenon now will start yielding good results from now itself.
Created on Jan 2nd 2018 00:56. Viewed 605 times.