6 Ways to fix Google Chrome’s ERR SPDY PROTOCOL ERROR
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
Sometimes when you are browsing on the internet, you can face certain errors and one such mentioned error is Err_spry_protocol. In this article, we will teach you how You are able to fix error Err_spry_protocol.
- Abutting sockets in Google Chrome
- Adding website into Avast Web Shield exclusions
- Restart Browser
- Checking Browser Updates
- Using the Incognito Mode
- Renew IP and Flush DNS
1) Abutting sockets in Google Chrome
Here are the steps on how to fix Err_spry_protocol error through the Flushing sockets in Google chrome:
- In browser paste chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active in address bar and tap Enter.
- Now on the upper right corner, tap falling arrow and select Flush sockets option.
- Check whether the issues are fixed.
If the problem still appears, then follow the given steps:
- On Google Chrome Bar, insert Chrome://net-internals/#sockets and tap Enter.
- Tap “Flash socket pools” option.
- After that, again check issue is resolved or not. If not, then do another troubleshoot.
2) Adding website into Avast Web Shield exclusions
Avast arrives with Web Shields design to secure your malicious website with lots of features. However, their features allow protection, and it is also the reason for Err_spry_protocol error that appears on your computer.
Here are the steps on how to fix Err_spry_protocol error through the adding website into Avast Web Shield exclusions:
- Launch Avast GUI and visit the settings.
- Choose “Active Production” and tap on “Customize to Web Shield.
- Attach a website address into the URL to enable the segment.
- After joining the website that you don’t access to the Menu, then the error has been solved.
- Some users claim that they can permanently fix this problem after disabling the option of “HTTPS Scanning”. Based on those users, You are able to fix that issue. Here are the steps on how to disabling HTTP scanning option in Avast:
- Launch Avast.
- Tap settings.
- Hit Active protection.
- Tap Web Shield.
- Find the “Enable HTTPS Scanning” title and then disable it.
- Tap Ok to save you changes.
Flush sockets will be appearing as Solution 1, and you can check your error has resolved.
3) Restart Browser
On the behalf of the user, in some cases, you can resolve this error Err_spry_protocol by simply turning off the browser and restarting your web browser again. Now check error is resolved, if not do another troubleshoot.
4) Checking Browser Updates
Sometimes maybe some bugs within the browser that are the reason behind error Err_spry_protocol appear on your computer. The easiest way to solve this issue is downloading and then installing the current version of Google Chrome.
Here are the steps on how to download and install Google Chrome:
- Tap on the Menu option that appears on the upper right corner on your device screen, and select Settings in the menu.
- Settings tab open, tap About link in the menu that appears on your left.
- Now you can open the Google Chrome browser and check for the updates to download and install automatically.
- After downloading the recent updates, restart your Chrome browser and review your error resolved.
If you wish to prevent your browser from error, such as operating, then you need to updates your web browser by using the above steps. Keep your browser updates. It can serve you better and prevent you from several errors.
5) Using the Incognito Mode
If you are facing Err_spry_protocol error notification on some certain website. Must sure you want to fix this issue by using the Incognito mode. The said mode never uses extensions and save your history or cache on your computer. So you may fix this issue by using the Incognito mode.
Here are the steps on how to enter Incognito mode:
- Tap the Menu option that appears on the top of your screen.
- In the Menu, select “New incognito windows.
- You can also use the shortest method Ctrl+Shift+N.
- When the Incognito mode launches, then try obtaining your website and also check the issue is solved.
6) Renew IP and Flush DNS
Sometimes renewing IP address and flushing DNS can fie the issue related to the network. This is the easiest method to fix problem Err_spry_protocol error.
Here are the steps on how to renewing IP address and flushing DNS:
- Tap Window + X key to open W + X menu, and then choose Command Prompt.
- When Command Prompt opens, enter ipconfig /flushdns and tap Enter.
- Now type ipconfig /flushdns and tap Enter.
- After this process, close the command prompt and verify the issue is resolved.
- Remember one thing you need to configure internet connection after completing the above steps.
Created on Mar 24th 2020 02:01. Viewed 179 times.