6 Best Tips to Clean & Maintain Your Ovenby Alisha Perry A Blogger
If you are having an oven, then it’s important for you to perform routine maintenance checks that will help to keep it in good condition. There is no arguing with the fact that maintenance is important for the longevity and to enhance the performance. And it has been observed that ovens having mounting assemblies need much more maintenance.
In this post, we’ll talk about the tips that will help maintain your oven.
1. Cleaning: One of the most important tips you need to consider is that you should clean your oven regularly. Make an effort to clean your it at least two times in a year. If you use your use it more often, it will need to be cleaned at regular intervals.
2. Use Self-cleaning Feature Safely: When you are following the manufacturer’s guidelines, the self-cleaning feature on your oven should be used safely. Make sure that you should stay home when the process is going on. And most importantly, you open a window because it gets hot. Once the self-cleaning cycle is executed properly, then let the oven cool for around five-six hours.
3. Gas Replacement: Always keep this in mind that you should replace the gas line if you buy an oven. It has been observed that moving the oven creates a lot of movement, and vibration which causes leaks in the gas line. Undoubtedly, leakage is a small expense and offer you a major safety.
4. Don’t Forget to Unplug: if you’re going to clean your oven by yourself, then don’t forget to unplug it from the switch. For an effective cleaning, you can use baking soda and water mixture all over the oven. And after that, wipe the oven down with dish soap which will eliminate the grease. Lastly, use a vinegar and water solution that will make it look clean and shiny.
5. Check your Oven’s Burners: It is important for you to inspect coil burners for deformities and if there’s any, then you can replace the damaged ones. A small spot on the coil could cause a huge damage to the burners and oven. Hence, always make sure that you do not use that burner and replace it immediately.
6. Clean the Mess: If you’re cooking a pie or something else and some ingredients spill onto your oven, then you should clean it soon. The longer the ingredients will sit, the more they’ll burn. To avoid this kind of problem, then under your oven rack, you can try putting a small cookie sheet covered with tinfoil. However, make sure that you do not cover or block any vents.
Created on Aug 23rd 2018 02:03. Viewed 1,385 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.