5 things to know before going to Goaby Luxury Hotels Luxury Hotels
Goa is one of the most visited holiday spots in
India. It’s a wonderful mixture of sandy beaches, happening nightlife and
quaint Portuguese influenced architecture make it a favourite among both local
as well and international visitors. According to a study, more than 80% of
people who visited Goa went back many times again or would like to visit the
place again. However, first-time visitors tend to overlook certain things or
are not aware of certain rules and regulations before heading to Goa. While Goa
is certainly a fun destination, there are a few things you need to know before
you head there to have a trouble-free and good experience.
Here are 5 useful things you should know before going to Goa:
1) Booking a hotel: There are many hotels in Goa and some claim to offer excellent views of the sea. But, you need to be careful since many people have booked a hotel on the basis of the pictures posted on the internet and have been shocked by the reality when they arrived there. It is always better to experience Goa while staying in one of the reputed hotel chains that have properties here, like the Taj Group of Hotels and Resorts. There are many excellent 5-star hotels in South Goa that you can choose from.
2) Carrying documents: It is necessary to keep
important documents like your passport, driving license and other id proofs on
hand all the time. Keep them safe as sometimes the markets or beaches could get
crowded and chaotic. It will be better to carry your documents in a water-proof
3) Money matters: It is not advisable to carry a
large amount of cash while travelling in Goa. You also need to be careful when
you exchange foreign currency as well. With a large number of tourists flocking
to the destination, the black market is particularly notorious here. It is
advised to carry plastic money or travellers cheques. Many hotels and cafes
don’t have a service charge and expect tips instead. So carry small bills for
tips and transportation costs.
4) Food concerns: There are many well-known
restaurants and cafes in Goa that you shouldn’t miss out on. They are
picturesque, offer great seafood and fresh strong coffee! But if you want to
taste authentic Goan street food, you need to be careful with where you eat.
Always ensure the place is clean and hygienic. Opt for bottled water and check
the seal before you take a sip. If you have a sensitive stomach, make sure you
don’t experiment too much with spicy dishes. Most restaurants can customise the
dish according to your preferences.
5) Shopping: You will find a lot of quaint shops
selling a variety of handicrafts, colourful Goan dresses and beaded jewellery.
But most of these places are overpriced. Make sure you bargain before buying
something in one of Goa’s colourful markets and bazaars. In all probability,
the shopkeeper would be willing to sell the item at half the price he asked for
Goa is the perfect place to forget your worries and enjoy a tropical holiday with endless parties and great food. However, remain cautious at all times, especially when it comes to accepting drinks from strangers. These helpful tips will ensure that you have a wonderful and safe trip while in Goa.
- Guest Post Service
Permanent Link | Do-Follow Backlinks | Costs as low as $0.5
- Ad Space Available - Rent it Now!
Created on Jun 8th 2018 02:31. Viewed 431 times.