5 Proven Principles for Designing a Safer City: A Visual Lookby Rohit Yadav Blogger
The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the many revolutionary technologies that has arisen with the rapid digital transformation that has affected industries all over the globe, and one of the many revolutionary ways in which this can benefit the general populace is by helping in the creation and maintenance of safe cities through the application of this technology. Designing smart cities with safety as the first priority is crucial; especially in India where designing a safe city is essential to reduce the amount of roadside accidents that occur frequently on a daily basis in cities all over the country. In order to utilise cloud technology to the fullest extent and design a smart and safe city, there are five major principles that should be kept in mind:
1. Think ahead of time when it comes to providing adequate space for urban infrastructure: While developing smart cities, one needs to make sure that construction is done by optimally utilising the space one is provided. There’s no point in creating quality infrastructure if people don’t have enough space to move around to begin with. One needs to have a high level of design experience and keep the urban population in mind before constructing any structure, since the whole smart city plan will fall through without adequate space for movement.
2. Keep sustainability, scalability, resilience, and flexibility in mind: The overall design of a smart city should involve the use of resources in such a manner that they can be utilized efficiently by future generations as well without any problem. The infrastructure that’s built should be scalable and take into account any unforeseen events that might occur at any time and at any given place. And – obviously – it goes without saying that this construction should be sturdy and reliable in nature as well.
3. Ensure connectivity at all times: With the advent of IoT and cloud computing technology, one of the qualifiers for a city to be considered smart is that connectivity should be prevalent throughout all areas and at all times. In order to facilitate this connectivity, a city needs to be constructed in an appropriate manned through the application of adequate design experience to enable people to stay connected across all platforms, and a sure-fire way of completing the task at hand is through the judicious application of HARMAN connected services.
4. Cost-effectivity is a must: Scalability is an important aspect of smart cities, but it’s also quite expensive in practice to try and alter infrastructure whose construction has already been completed. It’s imperative to make sure that unnecessary expenditure is not accrued during the construction of smart and safe cities so that this budget can be redirected to various other efforts that can help improve the safety conditions for the citizens of these smart cities.
5. Accommodate technology in all forms: Technology comes in all forms – from small-scale additions to large-scale integration of technological innovations that can help in easing the number of processes involved in the daily running of smart cities to a large extent. While designing a smart city, these innovations need to be kept in mind and so that their installation in the future doesn’t pose any severe problems. Utilising HARMAN connected services is a great way to facilitate this technological scalability.
Created on Sep 25th 2017 04:50. Viewed 542 times.