5 Bizarre Natural Stone Flooring for Kitchens You Need to Knowby Sam William Sam is an expert on Microsoft Dynamics
Kitchen happens to be everyone’s favourite place at home. A nice-looking kitchen whose visual appeal is high is even better to stand in and cook your meals. Just like we refurbish and decorate our living room and bedrooms, our kitchen too deserves refurbishment of the finest kind. The best way to do so is to try out bizarre flooring options that are generally not considered. Thus, given below are 5 unusual and bizarre natural stone flooring for kitchens that you must explore for a lively and out-of-the-box kitchen where you enjoy spending time cooking your meals:
1. Matt Tiles: Where people generally use marble, travertine or granite tiles, matt tiles come across as a very uncommon option in terms of natural stone flooring for kitchens. They have a flat finish and look less prominent than say a light-catching gloss version. At the same time, they can induce a subtle contrast with other kitchen surfaces such as an all-white scheme. These can make for a cool natural stone floor, can’t they?
2. Gloss Tiles: Gloss tiles are another unusual kitchen flooring option, modern yet reflective, both large as well as small, available in various colours such as grey and green and blue and black and can make happen. Non-restrictive in nature, the are a good option in case you wish to brighten your kitchen. Not only are they easy to wipe down, but also make a small kitchen seem far bigger. Unusual, aren’t they?
3. Glass Tiles: Tiles made up of glass! Sounds truly bizarre, doesn’t it? Weird but true. The availability of glass tiles in mosaics in addition to other wall tile formats ensures that they add an extra sparkle to a kitchen. Multicoloured glass mosaics can be big time attention grabbers.
4. Slate Tiles: Slate is known to have a textured surface that is capable of boosting grip at the floor level, in addition to adding interest to a kitchen whenever used on the wall. In addition to this, its dark and rich tones ensure that it becomes an attention-grabbing stone. Thus, tiles made from Slate and used as flooring option in kitchens can work in enhancing its overall appeal. Again unusual.
5. Travertine Tiles: Travertine is known to be available in beige and grey tone. The stone also has warmer hues and those natural voids on the surface are generally filled during the grouting process. Though generally a natural stone considered for paving in most design/construction projects, the stone can work as a very enthralling flooring option when its utility is found in kitchens.
In case you are looking for more options, then here is ore fodder for you. You can also use wood planks in your kitchen. Surprised? True. These planks run into a hexagonal mosaic tile making the whole bargain eclectic, unexpected and sexy to the core. Turkish terrazzo tiles account for a graphic floor, meaning they accent the white subway tile. Have tiles in your kitchen with wood tones. You can lay them in the same pattern as hardwood, and in the process will end up achieving what you were always looking for, in the process letting you live your hardwood floor dreams. Terracotta floor tiles give your kitchen a very laid-back look, as if the space is something that has been occupied for years.
Now that you know how to make your kitchen flooring unusual, you can try out these options as well. Try contrasting grout colour to tile colour to change the look. Dark grout on pale tiles is an innovative thing to do. Try using flat metro tiles or ones with a bevelled edge, these throwing shadows and creating different reflections which bring a plain kitchen scheme to life. Use tiles in such a way that their shape creates the top of the splashback, instead of cutting them for a straight edge. Another option is a layout with metro-style tiles, an arrangement where the tiles can be stacked in a grid instead of being used in a chevron, basket weave or herringbone pattern.
In the end, whichever design you plan to proceed with, you must ensure that you choose tiles of the most appropriate size for your kitchen to give it a very unusual look than normal.
Created on Jan 11th 2021 00:40. Viewed 85 times.