5 Best Social Media Channels for Your Businessby Marko Phillips selfemployed
There are similar challenges faced by most start-up businesses in the world but two happen to be the most similar: limited resources and limited manpower. The internet has given startup businesses some relief by giving them the opportunity to start from almost nothing, almost being a laptop, a great idea and access to the internet. Online, you’ll find hundreds of different channels that people use for social media marketing but there are only a few that do the job well. We are sure you are familiar with sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube as these are the most popular ones used by those looking to expand their business online.
The problem lies in the hows of it all. Questions like “how will this social media channel help my business?” are not uncommon in businesses. Here, we hope to help you identify one that might do the trick for you, with some help from our source Blue Corona.
Identifying Your Target Audience
You need to figure out who your target demographic is and what social media channels they frequent. The next likely step is to figure out what they do on these social media channels, who they are interacting with and what they are looking for. Having important information such as your target audience’s age, gender, interests and locations can go a long way in helping your brand. In order to do this successfully, you might also have to run some recon and figure out which social platforms your competitors use. In order to do this, all you need to do is search relevant keywords on Google and you’ll be surprised with just how much information pops up!
Top Social Media Platforms: What They Can Do For You
Sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram are at the top of the social media spectrum since they bring in the most change online. But how do they help you? Once you have identified what your target audience, knowing what demographic uses which social media channel will help you pick the one you need with much ease.
According to statistics received from Blue Corona, an estimate of 60 percent of Snapchat users reside in the United States and are under the age of 24. Over 100 million users worldwide use this application for almost half an hour or more every day. If your business demographic is millennials, you will hit jackpot by marketing through Snapchat. Companies use this social media outlet to put out unique video content, BTS footage, new product intros and even interviews! Just think of what you can do.
· 400 million daily users
· 9000 photos shared per second
· 18% of social media users in the U.S. use Snapchat, 85% of which are between the ages of 18 and 34
· 70% of snapchat users are female
Facebook is the most popular social media platform for users worldwide. 47% of U.S. males and 53% of U.S. females are Facebook users, 9% of which are between the ages of 18 and 24. If your target audience for both males and females is between these ages, you need to target Facebook primarily for marketing. In order to do that, you must first start with a company page on Facebook with complete information regarding your brand, your products and your vision for the future. If you have all this covered and unique content to publish on a daily basis, you can make the most of this robust advertising platform.
· Each Facebook user has an average of 155 friends, that means one shared post reaches at least 155 people
· 77% of all college graduates are on Facebook
· 77% of U.S. adults that make 75 grand annually are on Facebook
Instagram generates 500 million users on its app, 50% of which check the app frequently every day. This social media channel reaches a great audience worldwide. However, since Instagram has introduced its latest newsfeed algorithm with the chronological posts no longer an option, it might get a little tricky to use Instagram as your marketing platform.
· 50% of Instagram users access the app daily
· 35% of Instagram users claim they check the app several times daily
· According to stats received in 2017 by Blue Corona, Instagram’s story feature is used by more than 200 million people daily
· 59% of Instagram users are between the ages 18 to 29
· 31% of Instagram users are between the ages 30 to 49
· 13% of Instagram users are between the ages 50 to 64
This social channel functions significantly better individually rather than as a brand. It helps connect with influencers who bring their own sets of ideas to the table. They can help promote your brand with the minimum of resources spent on your part. Twitter is an important hub in not only conducting research on what your demographic is like but also on what they think when they are online. Though this market is tricky to tap onto, having done it can bring major benefits to your business.
· 88% of businesses that have over 100 employees make use of Twitter for marketing purposes
· 36% of all twitter users are between the ages 18 to 29
· 22% of all twitter users are between the ages 30 to 49
· 18% of all twitter users are between the ages 50 to 64
· 42% of all twitter users access the site daily
· 8% of all U.S. companies use Twitter for marketing purposes
· 74% of all Twitter users follow small businesses to get constant updates about products
If you want a platform to showcase your speaking and visual presenting skills, YouTube is the perfect option for your growing business. Here, you can create original content that interests viewers into subscribing and thereby growing your business altogether. With stats from every video you post, you can analyze just what works with your viewers and what doesn’t. Trust us, doing that goes a long way. However, some content may be locked in countries like China and North Korea due to censorship laws which are particularly where marketing may become a problem. If your concern is not to market your business in these regions, you should be fine. However if you are interested in the above mentioned regions then you need a VPN to bypass geo restrictions
· YouTube on website and mobile reaches more people between the ages of 18 to 49 than any TV network in all of U.S
· There are only 10 thousand YouTube videos with more than a billion views
· Half of all YouTube viewers use the app on their mobile devices
· 50% of all YouTube channels earn 6 figures annually
· There is a team called YouTube Spaces that is dedicated to helping content creators create gorgeous content with the help of strategic programs as well as workshops which are conducted in Los Angeles, Tokyo, London, New York, Sao Paulo and Berlin
If you have reached this point, it is because you know that you need help in marketing on these channels. We urge you to know that your problem doesn’t end in figuring out which social media channel to market your brand on, the next important step is content curation which plays the second biggest role in successfully pulling in viewers and readers worldwide!
Created on Apr 10th 2019 06:06. Viewed 167 times.