3 Surprising Benefits of Sit to Stand Desk Converter at Workplaceby Martin Andre Article Writer
Sitting is the new smoking. This line reflects the health perils caused by prolonged sitting at the workplace, a situation faced extremely by today’s generation. Sitting too much does not indicate a healthy attribute. People who sit a lot every day are at the higher risk of diabetes, heart disease and muscular pains and such ailments. Additionally, sitting all the time burns very few calories, and give rise to weight gain and obesity. This is a dominant problem for office workers because they sit down for most of the day without taking breaks at constant intervals.
Fortunately, sit to stand desk converters are becoming increasingly more popular to offset such consequences of sitting. Its versions are adjustable so that you can change the height of the desk and steadily switch between sitting and standing as per your convenience. If your employers do not support the idea of making workstation to be more accessible and comfortable by bringing adjustable desks, then compel them by presenting these benefits of ergonomic desks in front of them:
- Sit to stand desk converters lower the risk of gaining weight and obesity. While exercise is the most effectual way of burning calories quickly, simply choosing to stand instead of sitting for some time while you are working can also be beneficial. Sitting longer is so strongly linked to obesity and metabolic disease because calories keep on adding which can also cause cholesterol.
- On a general basis, the more your blood sugar levels boost after meals, the worse it is for your health. These desks may reduce blood sugar levels because they allow the person to alternate the working position between standing and sitting.
- Back pain is one of the most prevalent problems faced by office workers who sit all day. Using these desks and attaining better posture helps in preventing the joint pains that people experience due to sitting for long hours. If you tend to remain deskbound, then decreasing sedentary time is beneficial for both physical and mental health.
While using a home office standing desk, a person needs to pay attention to various aspects. One of such important aspect is the height of the desk. The height should be at your elbow height. It means your elbow should be positioned at a 90-degree angle from the floor. The desk should be built according to this height. The steps to adjust or set your standing desk to the correct height are outlined below:
• Stand up straight with your head toward the ceiling and tilt your shoulders slightly back.
• Hold your arms down to your sides and then bend your elbow to 90 degrees.
• Raise the desk up until your fingers gently touch the keyboard keys.
• Now, adjust the height of your monitors so that your eyes are looking across at the top third of the monitor.
Now, it is evident by considering the aforementioned points that any employee can convince their employer for introducing sit to stand desk converters at the workplace.
Created on May 16th 2018 01:53. Viewed 55 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.