Steps Which Should be Followed for Credentialing Processby Medical License Verification Anti corruption, anti corruption laws, anti corrup credentialing is a necessary evil in order to practice their profession in hospitals and health care centers.
The process of reviewing the credentials and current competence of health care practitioners applying to practice in an institution and the primary source verification refers to the Verification of a practitioner?s qualifications and credentials with the source issuing the credentials.
Credentialing is the process of establishing the qualifications of licensed professionals, organizational members or organizations, and assessing their background and legitimacy. Many health care institutions and provider networks conduct their own credentialing, generally through a credentialing specialist or electronic service, with review by a medical staff or credentialing committee.
Credentialing process is like getting your hands dirty and verifying with the ?primary source?, the under mentioned 12 steps credentialing process will scrutinize a medical practitioner on its best:
- Medical School (University, institute, college)
- Internship/residency/training (Facility where training, internship or house job was completed and a reference from the director/supervisor of the training program)
- Fellowship training (Facility where training was completed/Director or supervisor of fellowship training program)
- Board certification (specialty board conferring to the certification received)
- Licensure (Medical practice license issuing authorities/agencies/boards)
- Hospital affiliations (Current and previous affiliations and performance evaluation references)
- Liability insurance (Insurance companies, the Copy of current liability insurance coverage face sheet should be obtained)
- Professional liability claims history (Insurance companies)
- Medicare/ Medicaid Sanctions Explanation for any sanctions
- Health Status Ability to practice
- Current clinical competency (activity logs from current and previous hospitals)
- References (Director level references must be obtained to maintain high level security)
Created on Dec 2nd 2010 23:27. Viewed 909 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.